Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ps1 throwback:wu-tang shaolin style

Poet Of The Streets

Game was dope but I traded it in for credit to get a ps2 when it dropped. Anyone else know you could play it in a cd player? use to bump it all the time, thought it was the coolest shit ever I even tried the same shit on other games.

This game is basically the Wu version of the TMNT game for Super Nintendo. Michaelangelo was my favorite cuz he was the closest thing to Bruce Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboo View Post
    Haha yes this game, I used to play it a lot when it first came out. I usually played with GZA or MK, I digged his ninja steeze.
    I still got it, put don't have a playable console anymore lol
    it is still playable on a ps2, and also a ps3 (well my ps3 plays ps1 games)

The ABBOTT

u-god track rumble was dope

and id fuck you up with decks touch of xddeath style

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post
    ...Anyone else know you could play it in a cd player? use to bump it all the time, thought it was the coolest shit ever I even tried the same shit on other games.

Yes, I played it in my stereo as well.

I had read an article in a videogame magazine that you could do that, apparently it was common practice in Japan.

Tons of Japanese games had that feature back when CD-Rom was the game format du jour.

I did it with a bunch of Sega Saturn games, most of them worked.

I tried it with Fighting Vipers, The Street Fighter Collection & a Virtua Fighter game, they all played the fight stage and menu musics.
    Last edited by Squidgy McGubbins; 09-04-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tron 1 View Post
    it is still playable on a ps2, and also a ps3 (well my ps3 plays ps1 games)
    orly now!
    I only keep the X360, but then I gotta try this at my homies place.
    I heard rumors that PS3 wasn't backwards compatible when it got out...??
    Never looked into it tho'

"Can't believe you on the canvas, I'm just throwin jabs" - Inspectah Deck

Blueminati

^^^ my ps3 won't any ps2 games, but it will play some ps1 games. i have to make a internal memory card for it since it doesn't have any memory card slots. funny how "big" the save files seemed then. shit even the ps2 memory cards aren't big compared to the shit now.

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinsword View Post
    Anyone got the W controller?

I bought one off ebay a few years ago. Its a pretty dope display piece.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

if my ps3 was backwards compatible i wouldnt mind doing a playthrough of this game and posting it on youtube whenever im not in class
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

The ABBOTT

inspectah deck touch of deaths all day

as outdated as this game is why isnt there a playable version on the site?

or at least some battle chest with u-god rumble in the background

Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.

damn this game was hard!!! lol
    play control was kinda shitty.

but i agree, if they used the def jam fighting engine, they could re-do this for the modern consoles and make it pretty good.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    if my ps3 was backwards compatible i wouldnt mind doing a playthrough of this game and posting it on youtube whenever im not in class
    id like to see u try. Me and me cusin spent about 72 hours straight on this fucking gmae whe it came out and were never able to beat it. Then a few years later we bought it again and thought now we were a bit older we could do it easy, anoter marathon double all nighter, fucking game again took us out

if ur not prepared to master ALOT of the special moves dont even bother. Theyre sketchy to pull off too, sometimes they refuse.

DrunkenMasta303

i beat this game with DIRTYs drunken boxing technique, i was pulling off 20HIT combos n stuff!! havnt played it in yeears tho

I beat it with every character, getting every chamber, not that hard.

Inspectah Deck was probably the most entertaining to play, mostly because of his infinite corner combos.

Playing with RZA is like cheating. He has an advantage over every other fighter in the game besides the main boss.

Masta Killa and U-God, much like real life, were the worst playable characters.

Ghosts hold moves unfairly cause more damage then they should

Meth is the best against multiple opponents, other than RZA

GZA is annoyingly worthless

Ol' dirty fights best when lying on his back.

Raekwon is too agile for a fat man.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
    id like to see u try. Me and me cusin spent about 72 hours straight on this fucking gmae whe it came out and were never able to beat it. Then a few years later we bought it again and thought now we were a bit older we could do it easy, anoter marathon double all nighter, fucking game again took us out

if ur not prepared to master ALOT of the special moves dont even bother. Theyre sketchy to pull off too, sometimes they refuse.
    Trust me if you use Gza, Deck or Masta Killa you can get through this game because me & my cousin did. and to B-Rock, u said MK was the worst? That flip-kick can get u almost any chamber if used right, got all 36 chambers with Masta Killa in no time...
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.