Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tarantino´s only really good film is Jackie Brown

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Default Tarantino´s only really good film is Jackie Brown

and i rate Coen Brothers films higher than most his others. This guy hasnt made a good film in nearly 14 years, whats the fuss.

^i half-agree with you; the 'kill bill' movies and 'basterds' were just homages or pastiches of diferent genres (and fuck 'death proof' although there were some beautiful girls in it lol)...

i find that his worst excesses in terms of dialogue and the staging of scenes have become more pronounced in since 'jackie brown', and alot of it comes off as really self-indulgent. he does have a great understanding of the cinematic artform, though.

i think his main flaw is that he is too in love with his dialogue, and some of the scenes which are staged suspensefully start to drag and the sense of anticipation fizzles out (at least for me).

and ya, coen brothers are definitely much better filmmakers...it's just that they operate in more of a vacuum, where tarantino is much more reliant on pop-culture references and playing with (skewing, deconstructing, and sometimes reversing) concepts and imagery that are already a part of the cinematic lexicon.

tarantino is almost like the 'family guy' of film.

Tarantino is the GOAT.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Wu Vatican

pulp fiction.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

i 1/4 agree with panda...he was my favorite director...but since then ive seen so many movies and gotten to kno tons of other directors..so hes sort of died out for me...i still enjoy all his films tho..just not as much as when i was younger.

lol @ this thread.
    QT filmography is 10 times better than the coen brothers letsmakeitoddforthesakeofoddbutitreallycomesoffasr eallyboringandmilktoast filmography.

say what you will, but tarantino knows how to entertain. i read and hear film snobs always trying to deconstruct this mans work and say hes a collage artist and whatnot. but the bottom line is there is never a wasted shot in a QT flick. hes a true master of the craft.
    and QT dialog >>>> coen brothers dialog. sorry. QT is my nigga. lol
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

ok now lets take it easy....dont get ahead of urself..eloels, the cohens are awesome.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

fargo, big lebowski, o brother where art thou alone trash Quentan. I can watch those films., over and over. kind of get bored with pulp fagtion and reservior fags almost immedietly.

whenever big lebowskis on tv, im watching it. reservoir fags comes on again,. meh, keep scrolling

left my wallet in el segundo...

Quote Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
    fargo, big lebowski, o brother where art thou alone trash Quentan. I can watch those films., over and over. kind of get bored with pulp fagtion and reservior fags almost immedietly.

whenever big lebowskis on tv, im watching it. reservoir fags comes on again,. meh, keep scrolling
    lol.
    big lebowskis good, but really really overrated in my book.
    fargo yaaaaawwwwnnnn. crusty, boring white people shit. seen it once or twice. thats enough.
    o brother where art thou.lol. over dogs or pulp fiction? whatever nigga. lol id rather see people bleeding out and getting shot the fuck up than a redneck version of the odyssey.

anyway.
    the coens are good. in fact, many crusty whites rate them as the best. i personally think no country for old men is the only movie they made than contends with any of tarantinos work (and thats still not as good as most of his films). but like i said, i like blood & bullets in my movies. and while there are moments in tarantinos flicks that the dialogue is much, it pays off.
    but its cool. show your snobbery with threads like this. i aint mad at cha.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

the coens are good. in fact, many crusty whites rate them as the best. i personally think no country for old men is the only movie they made than contends with any of tarantinos work (and thats still not as good as most of his films). but like i said, i like blood & bullets in my movies.
    miller's crossing?
    blood simple?
    barton fink?

watch their 80s/early 90s stuff and you'll see some non 'crusty white people shit' lol

Q.T.'s only film that i would call GOOD is 'Inglorious Basterds,' and its fucking great. All his other ones are borrriingg mindless dribble. The dude's whack. Even 'Desperado' is fucking corny.

The Ladykillers, Burn After Reading, Fargo, No Country For Old Men > Your mom.

^he didn't direct 'desperado' that was robert rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by Breaststroke & Butterfly View Post
    Q.T.'s only film that i would call GOOD is 'Inglorious Basterds,' and its fucking great. All his other ones are borrriingg mindless dribble. The dude's whack. Even 'Desperado' is fucking corny.
    desperado is Rob Rod dude..eloels

and as for the cohens...Raising Arizona? A Serious Man? cmon...dope.