Thread: Tarantino´s only really good film is Jackie Brown

Banned

best writer in cinema. that's all you need to know

no

Banned

it's a fact, not a statement

trolling aside , just no

Banned

who can put pen to paper better than Tarantino in film? Pulp Fiction became a blueprint on how to write dialogue. in film school, every instructor was sucking tarantino's dick on how great he was as a writer. nobody can touch him

Banned

If you compare their last films Tarantino is much better. I saw Inside Llewyn Davis tonight. It blew.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

This is a troll thread. That fact you onlu consider JB is ridiculous.

Its not often i agree with TOASTFACED but in this instance i do.

I really enjoy Quenten Tarantino's movies but hes not tha god everyone makes him out to be. Inglorious Bastards was a fuckin excellent movie though that a lot of people forget, and i really enjoyed Djano (bar the big shooting scene - out of place), but what about the likes of Michael Heneke? Or Stanly Kubrick? And there are plenty more where does came from, Russian cinema has produced some outstanding movies like Solaris and Stalker.

World cinema is where its at, constantly pusing boundries. Anyone who just watches American movies is missing out on some of the greatest movies, yeah their in subtitles, get fuckin over it

Tarantino makes better movies than everyone. Theres a few directors that are better at making 'films' eg thought provoking, dramatic, intellectual, moving films with serious topics, but as far as making pure pieces of entertainment Tarantino fucking owns.

Jackie Brown i think is the only picture of his that is closer to the 'film' category since it has more realistic dialogue, character development and has a little subtext around age and relationships. Which probably has something to do with it being his only movie based on a novel.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

That movie amde me wanna bang Bridgette Fonda.

-

Bridget Fonda was hot in Jackie Brown. Jackie Brown and Django Unchained are the only movies of Quentin's i like. Didn't he direct Reservoir Dogs? I liked that if he did that.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

Jackie Brown was on cable several days ago and i watched a little bit of it. I like the scene when Chris Tucker and Samuel Jackson were talking while they were standing by Samuel's car and Samuel asked him to get in the trunk and pretend to scare some people who wanna buy some guns from him. Chris said i'm not getting in that dirty ass trunk hahahahahaha. Samuel kept trying to talk him into getting in the trunk and he mentioned he was gonna take him to Roscoe's chicken and waffles restaurant to get some food LOL. So Chris finally got in the trunk and Samuel slammed the trunk and Chris said hey watch slamming that damn trunk on my head hahahahahahahahahahaha. So Samuel drove for a little while and he got around the corner, stopped the car, opened the trunk and shot Chris a few times LOL.

Pam Grier looked good in this and i like the scene when Samuel went to her apartment to talk to her when she got outta jail and he turned the lights off a couple of times. It seemed like he was gonna kill her when he got close to her while he was talking and he said what is that. She had a gun pointed at him and she said you better turn the light on and back the fuck up before i shoot your ass hahahahahahahaha.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.