Default Pete Rock - PeteStrumentals

01. "A Little Soul"
    02. "Play Dis Only @ Night"
    03. "Something Funky"
    04. "For The People"
    05. "To My Advantage" (Ft. Nature)
    06. "Smooth Sailing"
    07. "Pete's Jazz"
    08. "Back On The Block" (Pete Rock & CL Smooth)
    09. "The Boss"
    10. "Get Involved"
    11. "Nothin' Lesser" (Ft. The UN)
    12. "Walk On By"
    13. "Take The D-Train"
    14. "Mind Frame" (Ft. Bumpy Knuckles)
    15. "Cake" (Ft. The UN)
    16. "Outro"

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

aaaaaaaaaarhghghghhghgh, fuckkkk my internet connection fucked me over and deleted my review when i posted it. i might write a longer review again sometime later because i love this album and hold it as one of the best albums released since 2000 as well as it's one that grows with repeated listens which is many times a sign of timeless music. this album hardly gets the recognition it deserves, but i guess alot of people have a hard time getting into instrumental music.

5/5

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

5/5

my old man has this entire album in his cd changer for his truck....that right there should tell you how classic this jawn is!!!!

Definitely one of my favourite instrumental tapes, if not the best.

Pete Rock is definitely a master beat craftsman. thick drums and smooth soul samples keep ya head noddin for days. when i was in school i would always through this joint on and vibe out doing my studies or whatever. zone out!!

Pete Rock always got that ability to make a beat sound full and complete, warm sounds and thick basslines. Plus PR uses his samples to the fullest, and is known to use multiple sample layers from mroe then one sample. His choice for samples is top notch but its his drum game that puts him above the bar imo, heavy kicks and tight snares keep your head noddin for days!

There aint many who can compare to Pete Rock. The whole album should be a study guide to new producers.

^Classic joint!! heavy kicks, thick bassline!! BOOM! BAP!

perfect example of his abilitiy to utilise mulitple samples, and make it work. nothing fights to be heard

crazy chops, another classic Pete Rock joint

puff a blunt to this and zone out, no one can touch those drums!

I could post the whole album but these are some of my favourites on this masterpiece