Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medal Of Honor or COD Black Ops

Default Medal Of Honor or COD Black Ops

Im a bit undecided on these 2 games I want to know which one ya'll be getting

COD Black Ops:
    At first I thought this game gonna suck but they came up with some pretty good ideas
    you can customize your character but you have to earn money to buy those customizations depending on your characters class
    some weapons are a very cool addition like the cross bow with explosive the RC bomb and the camera
    the stages looks great
    you can record and edit your matches
    they added new modes like gamble where you play for money
    the only down side for me is that Im glad is not a WW2 setting but it isn't exactly modern either

MOH
    Many have said that it is a well balanced game
    is not as easy to kill somebody compare to COD
    they also say is difficult to camp
    you really have to aim your explosive to get kills
    you can use vehicles
    is in modern setting
    the stages look great too
    I think the stages get damages but not sure
    is release next moth
    the down side is that I don't know what features this game might have
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

I'm really looking forward to both. I think Black Ops will be great but I've played out World at War and MW2. I think it will be too much of the same. I'm sure I'll still put in hundreds of hours

MOH is interesting. The last few MOH games have been pretty bad. It's pretty much all brand new and it looks good. Hopefully the game play is fun.

What I'm really looking forward to is Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. I love the GRAW games because they are much more tactical than the COD games. There are campers but you can easily take them out if you know what you are doing. It's not as easy to run and gun like in COD. I am a way better GRAW player so maybe I'm biased because of that.

I'm copping both but I think MoH will be a better experience. Simply because it's new to me.

Singleplayer:

Both sound good, I hope there's a lot of Vietnam in CoD. And a better story than MW2.
    I'm really looking forward to the Afghanistan setting in MoH.

Multiplayer:

CoD will probably be more of the same but better and MoH will bring some new things to the table. DICE is making the MoH multiplayer so if you play BFBC2 it might also be more of the same.
    The multiplayer beta sucked but I understand a lot has changed since it ended.

I've got the feeling that I'll end up playing CoD multiplayer but MoH might blow me away. We'll see.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Sleepyheaded Nonsense Dr Sleepwalker's Avatar

I've been playin' MOH since the first one dropped on ps1, and I've played every one after it.

ALL of them are great games, def lookin' forward to this new MOH shit more than COD.

COD's a good game as well, but the geeky overzelous fanbase is a turn off from the multiplayer side of it..
    Last edited by Dr Sleepwalker; 09-14-2010 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Sleepwalker View Post
    COD's a good game as well, but the geeky overzelous fanbase is a turn off from the multiplayer side of it..
    Agreed MW2 was my first FPS I ever bought but after some time i got a bit bored and traded it with a co-worker for Assassins Creed 2

The thing is that MOH looks very well balanced the point system use Skill Points which you can gain doing different things not just from kills so you can't go all Rambo by yourself and get Kill Streaks to get a win neither go with a Sniper killing without the Scope and no perks everybody is equal thats what makes it interesting for me it is not as cheap as COD but I don't know what else the game have what features what modes etc..

What change my mind about Black Ops is the character customization this is one of my favorite thing on any game also the new weapons like explosive Cross Bow is freaking cool to shoot someone and a second later watch him explode and the RC Bomb is funny as hell to chase somebody ass with this control remote car with a bomb on it

Quote Originally Posted by kurupt_kw View Post
    What I'm really looking forward to is Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. I love the GRAW games because they are much more tactical than the COD games. There are campers but you can easily take them out if you know what you are doing. It's not as easy to run and gun like in COD. I am a way better GRAW player so maybe I'm biased because of that.
    Oh! this one is a most for me i loved both GRAW on these series I prefer the campaign over online play
    Last edited by RagnaroK; 09-15-2010 at 12:43 AM.

I'ma have to get both! I've been checking preview trailers and interviews regarding the games for a few months, I can't decide which one will be illest - only actual gameplay will tell!

"Can't believe you on the canvas, I'm just throwin jabs" - Inspectah Deck

Blueminati

MoH is the shit!
    I haven't played it myself yet, I only watched while my brother played it yesterday!
    Didn't wanna see too much of and not play it myself tho' but what I saw was GOOD!
    Enemy A&I is good, nice variation in the environments, overall graphics is super!
    Gonna test this for real when I'm off from work.

Blueminati

Poet Of The Streets

EVERY review said MOH was a buggy piece of crap in the story mode with a mediocre multiplayer. I still got my pre order for 47 shipped with a $20 credit tho jus waitin on it. Shame cuz it looked like it coulda been ill but I dont fuk with online so a 4hr story is far from being worth $47 for me .

MoH has been getting terrible reviews so if you had to choose one I'd suggest CoD

We haven't tested multiplayer yet, but the storymode is awesome from what I've seen so far

Blueminati

Alright,
    done with the campaign, it was really good but fell on being very short and not too difficult to complete even on the toughest level.
    Then there's the Tier 1 mode, where you only have one life - if you die you die, you'll have to start the map over, no checkpoints here no - and you have limited time to complete each map as well, making it very intense, but you can never rush through like Rambo b'cuz you will get killed like that! Headshot or melee kills will stop the clock for 2-5 secs, so set your marksman shit top notch!
    Multiplayer was phat too, but I've only tested it for about 2 hours thus far, the weekend felt too damn short lol. Rifleman, Special Ops or Sniper are the different classes, and you play either as coalition forces or opposing forces (Taliban). AK's vs M16s!!
    More gameplay tonight
    Last edited by bamboo; 10-18-2010 at 09:05 AM. Reason: typos

Blueminati

The game is awesome so far, but there's some things they really need to step up next time.

On the campaign the AI is easy most of the time and they are dumb as hell. There are moments where they run right in front of your team with out doing nothing, other times your teammate and the AI are on the same rock taking cover looking at opposite directions, oblivious to their position. The gunfights aren't as intense as COD at least MW & MW2, you advance through the stages very calmly without much effort (NOT ALL THE TIME THOU). One last thing, in some scenes where there're explosions the vibration effect is on your screen, it takes a while for the effect to go and it fucks up the graphics a bit. But all in all it still fun to play, everything I said is really nitpicking, most of the FPS suffers from the same stuff.

The multiplayer is fucking fantastic, is very well balanced. The Scorechain system is great, there are other things that help you get Mortars than # of Kills, also the defense Scorechain are a big help to the team so people use them as well. the upgrades for the weapons are easy to get because it depends on the Class you use instead of the weapon like COD. There is only 5 modes, no much difference between them: Combat Mission[Take control over five targets, one at a time(the stages are all different from the other modes and it takes longer to finish a single round)], Team Assault(2 Teams Killing each other), Sector Control(Domination), Objective Raid(planting explosive on 2 targets) and Hardcore(all the modes but with harder settings).

I think the game is worth it. Im having much fun playing online, but if you still contemplating between MOH or COD then it breaks down to this:
    MOH
    1)Campaign and Multiplayer
    2)More Balanced
    3)Base on a real war with weapons respective to the time
    4)You can't camp for long, the respawn system will not allow it, it changes constantly (also you can't go into prone position, except on campaign)
    5)Only 5 multiplayer modes
    6)You don't get kill by some random shit like on COD everything most be aim correctly even explosive and grenade launchers

COD
    1)Campaing, Co Op, Multiplayer and possibly Nazi Zombie
    2)The killstreak system might be as broke as MW2 giving too much power the the player
    3)Possibly have a lot of weapons that didn't exist at the time the story takes place
    4)Tons of multiplayer modes
    5)Fast pace gameplay with constant intense shooting
    6)You will get kill by some random shit most of the time specially by grenades
    7)1 day you'll possibly be featured on a Youtube video of Killcams getting kill by a shoot from a sniper without a scope doing 360 jump or by a knife that was thrown far away that bounced on the floor and hit you on the leg
    Last edited by RagnaroK; 10-18-2010 at 09:44 AM.

^^do you play on PS3 or X360?

Blueminati

PS3 but I don't use headset and i just play randomly through the modes

black ops my friend,no question