4 2.74%
  • Mediocre

7 4.79%
  • Wack

2 1.37%

Thread: U-God - Dopium

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

this isnt bad. beats are usually fine, and even the worst ones dont make the songs DOA, but u-god just raps like shit far too often. it's not exaggerating to say he gets shown up by every single guest mc on every single song that has a guest mc on it. he makes jim jones and sheek louch, not exactly G.O.A.T. candidates, sound like a pair of rakims. and the songs where there aren't any guest mcs are just bad (with the notable exception of new classic). his flow is completely embarassing at times. rims pokin out is horrible enough to be on mr. xcitement, and has what most be u-god's literally twenty-somethingst candidate for the title of "worst hip hop hook of all time".

the remixes are so wack it feels wrong to even acknowledge their existence with this sentence. and i, unlike i would imagine most people on this site, do listen to house music

i agree with wade, this isnt an embarassing album like uey's previous two but it's a long long way away from being a great one. it's probably about as good an album as we're ever going to get from dude though (its almost certainly his last anyway)
    Last edited by Literate Type Asshole; 06-18-2009 at 04:57 PM.