Comic-Con 2010: Machete Taco Truck Event
Published by Jeff Leins on July 25th, 2010

Robert Rodriguez’s Machete descended upon Comic-Con 2010, but rather than going the traditional panel and “sizzle reel” route, they staged an event in a nearby parking lot where stars Danny Trejo and Michelle Rodriguez served tacos and Tecate to anyone who waited patiently for cold food and warm beer. (In the movie Rodriguez plays a killer taco vendor.)

David checked it out and snapped a few photos (see below). He said it was set up as a makeshift drive-in with low rider cars, a huge screen, and… go-go dancers?

Rodriguez, Rodriguez and Trejo were the only members of the star-studded cast and crew on hand, meaning no surprise appearance of Jessica Alba, Robert De Niro, or Cheech Marin to tell your grandkids about. Of course, no Lindsay Lohan, who is currently serving her jail sentence. Though Yahoo! Movies has Robert Rodriguez quoted as saying her performance as a nun is “going to blow your mind.”

During the panel, Rodriguez confirmed he has read the script for Deadpool and was offered the director’s chair, but hasn’t decided yet. He also said Fox is keen to make another Predators following the moderate success of the July reboot.

On that, IGN snatched a quote from Rodriguez who said, “They really wanted [the first] to be pretty contained, pretty scaled-back. They didn’t want to put too many of the ideas into it that we could save for a second one. So we could see what the appetite was, because the bigger movie would actually be what comes following that. That kind of sets up a new storyline, new location and world, and then you can really go crazy from there.”

Writers will be brought in to pitch their ideas for another and they’ll pick the best concept to become Predators 2. As for Rodriguez directing, he was non-committal (meaning probably not) while saying, “I think I have too many people wanting me to do Sin City 2 first!” He even told MTV, “Oh, yeah, it would have to be in 3D.” Does this mean we’ll finally see a sequel, or is this just hint #479 at a future Sin City 2?