1 33.33%
  • NOPE IT'S FUCKING WACK

1 33.33%

Thread: Ras kass-adidas album review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Default Ras kass-adidas album review

You know when Ras Kass dropped the West Coast version of “Illmatic” which was properly titled called “Soul On Ice” whom would have thought the “Waterproof EMCEE” would still be spitting at the level or near the level he did almost 16 plus years ago. Now on his 3rd or 5th album if you count the oft delayed and shelved “Golden Child” & “Van Gogh” albums then you'll see why the A.D.I.D.A.S (All Day I Dream About Spitting) is very important right now in this day and age in rap music. The album is packed with that lyrical coldness and dope production by DJ Rhettimatic of the Beat Junkies, Danja and The Futurisktics whom round out the album with some of the best songs.

With tracks like the Fergie sampled “3008” and the banging drums that smash that song, spitting by Ras Kass showing why lyrically he's ahead of the pack. And as you cycle through the double disc album you have the ill dark ominiussssss song by the Horsemen better known as Killah Priest, Canibus, Ras Kass & Kurupt where they spit flames withhilariousrious Kat Williams sketch mixed in to give it that snatch and grab feeling on the song entitled “That Shit Right Here”. Where the album really shines it's golden halo is on tracks like “Goldyn Child”, “Where Did She Go”, and the declarations to hip hop on tracks like “Linguisticsss” featuring Skillz and “State of the Union” featuring Jean Grae & Nino Bless.

This album purely is a work for the fans, because it was spawned by the fan outcry lead to the use of the website Kick-starterr to make this happen, and I think Ras Kass was the artist that has had the insight from a business aspect to spearhead this effort and show the industry you don't need label backing you can do it yourself if you have the right attitude.

This album may have the lyricism aspect down locked but the combination of west coast underground vibe on a level only Ras Kass can do, is the cometh of this cup that hasn't runth over at all. Overall this album is a solid 4 out of 5, still the double disc curse is apparent hear with too many features, too many track yadda yadda but at the same time Ras hasn't a real album out besides his mix-tape/street albums in a long while so this is a time where I can turn one eye away and bump to my minds desires.
    Last edited by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS; 07-26-2010 at 07:33 AM.