Thread: Electronic Music Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I only have "Music Has The Right To Children" and "Geogaddi" from Boards Of Canada, amazing albums, but i find i have to be in the mood for them. Depending on my mood i can find them a little monotonous and at times a little boring (particulary "Geogaddi") to getting totally immersed and lost in their soundscapes and thinking its some of the greatest music ever made.

Autechre i think have mostly brilliant stuff at times, but can be a little hit or miss on some releases, and a lot of people seem divided over a lot of their albums.

I'm the same when it comes to other genres. I can listen to some ambient to techno to drum n bass, or if im feeling a little more adventurous throw on some Venetian Snares or other drill n bass / breakcore, whatever you wanna call it (his "Winter in The Belly of a Snake" is dope though, very atmospheric and different then most of his shit), but i usually only listen to a little and move on. I have Caribou's "Swim" album and some CFCF that i still havent got round to listen. Hip-hop is really the only consistant and in the last two years dubstep also.

I think thats what i like about dubstep, particularly the early stuff, its a mixture of a lot of elements i like from other genres of which i usually tire off by themselves e.g dub, drum n bass etc. I usually go for more ambient, atmospheric dubstep like Burial, Pinch, Distance, Scuba etc, not too sure about this 'brostep' or 'filthstep' (horrible names btw), artists like Borgore, Datsik, 16bit etc, they some dope tracks, but i tire of it very easily wheras i could listen to "Burial" or "Underwater Dancehall" all day.
    Last edited by Durag; 02-24-2011 at 05:33 PM.