Haven't listened to "A Better Tomorrow" before today when as the sun was shining and the warmth really starting to come over here, i threw on "Ruckus in B Minor" on my phone and opted to play the whole album straight through. i sometimes like to think of albums in terms of spring/summer/winter/fall LP:s as in which time of the year the vibe of it reflects, and for me "ABT" without a doubt came out very good now as we're heading to a warm spring. tracks like "Wu-Tang Reunion", "Keep Watch", "Preacher's Daughter", "Ron O'Neal", the title track and damn it the whole LP just vibed much better.

many of y'all are probably going to say i'm nuts and that the album is total shit whatever the weather, for me the album is good enough no matter the weather but i strongly recommend those who haven't listened in a while to pick it back up during a sunny day (it might also be more of a daytime album LOL).

"8 Diagrams" was its polar opposite that way, that's a very, very, very dark, atmospheric and moody album, perfect for cold winter nightss.

on a side note i've noticed that DJ Premier is playing "40th Street Black" on his LiveFromHQ shows every now and then, a long with some of the tracks from Inspectah Deck's new mixtape.