Thread: Sony Announces the PlayStation 4 Pro

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I went to about 8 different panels & demos for start-up week mon. - fri. (even though I'm small agency)

The VR one which allowed me to demo the Oculus Rift was cool and more or less a hypothetical and philosophical discussion about the medium and it's future implications for stuff like atrophy.

I think their demo VR environment was rushed and built in the free version of Unity which is limited. The goggles were disorienting and would probably cause motion sickness or a migraine after 20 mins. The industry has a long way to go. I'm more interested in Magic Leap which is an AR company - something Tim Cook is betting heavily on considering his rivals Google and Alibaba invested almost $1B into this one secretive company.

AR is going to be a better bet than VR because of real world applications. Nobody has successfully shown the commercial potential of VR. I also don't think people will never accept faggoty VR goggles and they'll have limited/novelty popularity for at least the whole of my lifetime. I have beef with 'wearables'.

Btw where do you get your business news?
    Last edited by TSA; 09-18-2016 at 02:52 PM.