I seen this post in another thread & made me wonder

Quote Originally Posted by iove
maybe a bit offtopic but interesting: a friend of mine who is not into hip hop saw a documentary about hiphop and women and they put up the theory that the black man calls his woman bitch because she got raped by the white farm owner(to put it simple). is this true?

Where did the word bitch stem from, what is its origin , we all know a bitch is a female dog but how did it become a disrespectful & derogatory term for woman? I even heard women who despise being called a bitch use the very same term to address fellow women yet excuse me for saying “bitch” when we men use that very same term…. Do you call women bitches & would you call your mother a bitch? I tend to call women bitches however not in front of women because I due respect them when I do classify a woman as a Bitch in her face is when she excessively barks for no reason hence stop bitching, however some men act like women & they too are called bitches hence bitch ass nigga. Question is how did the word evolve from female dog to a everyday used careless disrespectful derogatory term or even term of affection hence that’s my bitch or I love that bitch....... just curious what yal take on this

Definition of Bitch in the dictionary
  1. A female canine animal, especially a dog.
  2. Offensive.
    1. A woman considered to be spiteful or overbearing.
    2. A lewd woman.
    3. A man considered to be weak or contemptible.
  3. Slang. A complaint.
  4. Slang. Something very unpleasant or difficult.