Model and former video vixen Melyssa Ford has responded to disparaging lyrics said about her from rapper The Game in his song, "Never Get Far," a sort of cautionary tale intended for hip hop groupies.

The song from his new album The Doctor’s Advocate includes such lines as: "And all these new video bitches tryin' to be Melyssa Ford/But they don't know Melyssa Ford drive a Honda Accord"; and "She a video vixen, but behind closed doors/She do whatever it take to get to the Grammy Awards."

"I am really confused and saddened that he decided to include my name on a record that disparages the characters of women who have worked hard in the industry to make successful careers for themselves," Ford told the New York Post’s Page Six, adding she doesn’t even drive a Honda Accord.

Ford is also upset that the song includes lyrics from Kanye West, whom she considers a good friend.

"I don't want to ride anyone's coattails towards fame," Ford told Page Six's Corynne Steindler. "That line . . . it's just horrible."

http://www.streethop.com/forum/article171046.html