By: Yves Erwin Salomon

The Wu-Tang Clan's RZA released the soundtrack for Spike TV's animated series, Afro Samurai, today (January 16th). The project features guest appearances by Talib Kweli, Big Daddy Kane, Q-Tip, Stone Mecca, and GZA.

The producer and rapper is also busy working on a new Bobby Digital album. He explained that he decided to do the album as a vehicle to give some of his up-and-coming proteges a platform. He said: "I got a little homies with me, you know what I mean, that need to be in the hip hop game right now, you know what I mean? And it's hard to break them in, you know what I mean?"

The rapper added: "And so I went, you know, to get a deal for them. When I went to get a deal for 'em it was like, 'Yo you know they new and this and that. You know you could do a Bobby album. You know you could put them on that. It would put them out and break them through and you could go from there.'"

RZA subsequently released two solo sets under the name Bobby Digital, RZA As Bobby Digital in 1998 and Digital Bullet in 2001.

posted by HipHopHavoc at 1/16/2007

Idk what that first sentence means b/c I haven't seen the soundtrack on the web anywhere. But, I'm glad another album is in the works.