Thread: Roy Jones JR Anderson Silva

Default Roy Jones JR Anderson Silva

Discuss

UFC MIDDLEWEIGHT champion Anderson Silva has challenged legendary fighter Roy Jones Jr to a bout in the ring.

Some of boxing’s biggest stars, including Floyd Mayweather, Bernard Hopkins and Tommy Morrison, have slammed mixed martial artists for an apparent lack of technique.

But now Brazilian star Silva has attempted to answer the criticism by daring Jones to take fight him in a boxing match.

Ed Soares, Silva’s manager, told MMAWeekly.com: “Anderson would really love to fight Roy Jones Jr in a boxing match.

“It’s not just talk, we really would like to put that fight together.

“We respect Jones’ boxing ability and think he’s one of the best but we’re tired of different boxers saying that MMA fighters aren't technical.

“Anderson would love to fight Roy Jones in a boxing match under boxing rules to prove that MMA fighters are technical too.

A clash between a top mixed martial artist and an elite boxer would be a huge draw for fight fans across the world, but it is unlikely UFC president Dana White would sanction the event unless his promotion controlled it.

Last year, Jones lavished praise on the UFC in an interview conducted by Boxing Scene.

He said: “UFC is the best fighting the best and that’s what boxing has to do. If you are an ultimate fighter, you are going to fight someone who is going to fight.

“In UFC, if you lose to a good fighter, you lost, you still know you are good fighter, and you come back the next day and fight again.

“In boxing, if you lose - that's it. You are done. I lose a few fights, they want to tell me I'm washed up and I don't have it any more."

Banned

I'd watch it although i would expect Jones to win pretty decisively. I like Boxing more than i do MMA cuz the wrestling is just boring to watch....but these boxers taking shots at MMA fighters like there is no technique....I dont get were they are going with that.

it would be interestig to see how silva would last and how good his chin is in the boxing ring. I think he'd do pretty good with some training.

Yeah it would be a good watch, also Mayweather needs to get in with someone like Cotto instead of fucking wrestling

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

this is pretty interesting.

In a boxing ring im pretty sure Jones will take him out

Banned

yea...i agree. But I still think Roy will make quick work unless Silva does a Tyson on him. Never know.

BEHIND SECTION 9 CATHEDRAL'S STAINED GLASS

^all you guyz i got respect for-
    Tooch, Scmerk, 11th, D..
    i'm familiar with your posts, threadz, and all dat-

but yo, yall gotta rekonize, a silva iz from curitiba, brasil-
    grimy, population> 2 million peeps-

black belt in brazilian jiu-jitsu

AND mad experienced in muay-thai

wherez roy been?

dont get it pretzeled, i LOVE roy, but he would get smashed yo-

^ Not in a boxing match if that's what your saying, but in an MMA fight Silva would tear that ass up (no homo).

Roy is gonna destroy Silva if this happens. Think about it. It's a boxing match, Roy been working with his hands since he was little and is very accomplished with it, where as Silva works with all around, legs, elbos, takedowns, all that shit making it harder for him to train with his hands to the extent Roy has done for the past LONG while.

BEHIND SECTION 9 CATHEDRAL'S STAINED GLASS

i'm confident in my prediction if this sh-t jumps off>

>>>>>>>

lol, we'll see, I wish their was some sort of betting system on this forum like they do on Boxingscene.com

Banned

Its funny cuz i actually had this debate with my friend about boxing vs. MMA. We pretty much agreed they are both tough and you need to be in it for a while if you wish to master any particular style of fighting..
    Which is why I think Roy Jones would definitely beat Silva in a boxing ring. Roy has been doing it for so long and doing it pretty well even if im not the biggest Roy Jones fan.

Actually the undercard of the Marquez/Pacquiao fight had a Muay tai kickboxing champ fighting a champion belt holder...Nuevano was his name(the boxingchamp). Anyway, the boxer dominated the fight...just controlled it. The kickboxer was definitely tough and went the distance, but you could tell his technique was off.,..he fought too much like a kickboxer..his stance, the way he brought the fight the whole time...which was impressive but not too effective.
    I have a feeling Roy might do the same.

Since my gym trains more MMA fighters then boxers, alot of the MMA fighters always tell me boxing is harder to train with because your working with so little and you have to make sure you are better with your hands then the other fighter, where as in MMA you can make up your less skilled punches with kicks or takedowns, etc. Although COMPETING in MMA seems about the same as boxing because all the damage your gonna take is just brutal.