1 100.00%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2

Default Re: Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2

I'm a vegetarian, and I think what he says on "Beef and Brocolli" is true. I give the album an 8/10, but it will probably go up when I listen to it more.

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco

Fuck a title

a ten straight up, the reviewer who gave it a 7.6 is on straight crack. a 7.6 is a good solid album this goes beyond being solid and how r u going to count the skits against him... that has nothing to do wit his flow or really the album, if ur going to do that then i suppose u would give OBCL an 8/10 just because almost every track has a skit in the beginning
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=70510498

"I dont battle anymore! I uplift mothafuckers!-gza

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Prophet
    a ten straight up, the reviewer who gave it a 7.6 is on straight crack. a 7.6 is a good solid album this goes beyond being solid and how r u going to count the skits against him... that has nothing to do wit his flow or really the album, if ur going to do that then i suppose u would give OBCL an 8/10 just because almost every track has a skit in the beginning
    i agree, this album is a 10/10.
    "the truth is usually seen and rarely heard" -GZA

Very Dope Lp But I Played Out Quick 4 Me

3/10

"harlem streets" is one of my all time favorites.... love the hook
    Peace

my opinion of this album has changed since when i did that review ages ago, also the score is distorted since i included the skit, i cant edit that post though since mark posted it. anyway i think without the skits scored it would have been about 8.5 which is where i see it.

Revised Review

1. (Intro)

2. Point of No Return - One of the best tracks on the album, nice beat and tech brings his classic, thought provoking lyrics in his fucking ill, raw style. (9/10).

3. Peruvian Cocaine - Another ill track, good collabo with CrazyWalz, Pumkinhead, Loucipher, Tonedeff, Diabolic and Poisen Pen, each MC spits fire on this track. the story of the path of cocaine from south america to the US is intricately constructed with each MC representing a different link in the chain. (8.5/10).

4. Harlem Streets - Probably my favourite beat off the album, sound nice drums with sort of guitar style sounds. tech is nice with the rhymes as usual as he spits about the struggle of growing up in harlem, the manipulation of the people and critiques the hypocrisy of capatalism within the US. nice track (9.5/10).

5. Obnoxious - Not the my favourite beats by a long shot but it fits the feeling and message of the track well, with tech ripping it, spitting about everything fucked up in the world. (8/10)

6. The Message and The Money - this track serves it purpose well, critiques the music industry. tech gets some shit off his chest. (7.5/10).

7. Industrial Revolution - sick track, ill beat and tech is as aggresive as he gets. message concerning end to slaverey, and the way in which over time advancements in technology will indirectly free people. (8.5/10).

8. Crossing the Boundary - another great track, nice beat and tech is consistent as always, again getting shit off his chest from historical misconceptions to political controversial incidents. (9/10)

9. (Skit)

10. 4th Branch - up there with the best on this album, emotional, aggresive critique of the failure of media to scrutinize the 3 branches of governement. like the beat fits nicely with the track and again tech is on point with his rhymes. (8.5/10).

11. Internally Bleeding - didnt really like the beat alot on this track, kind of over done in my opinion. still not a bad track by any means, just probably not as good as everything on the first half of the album. nice, dark track. (7/10).

12 (Skit)

13. The Cause of Death - another ill track, one of the best beats on the album. tech expresses his various theories. it doesnt matter whether you agree or not it is still thought provoking as tech says "i encourage people to disagree and do the research themselves". (8.5/10)

14. Freedom of Speech - an interesting track, the beat actually sounds ok, strange sounds but still sounds good although the hook is kind of annoying. tech flows well in synch with the beat. (7.5/10)

15. Leaving the Past - relaxed track compared with the rest of the album, the beat is decent and would have been a good way to go out on the album in my opinion. overall a good track. (7.5/10)

16. (Skit)

17. You Never Know - my least favourite track one this album, just seems out of place in a way. i have no problem with tracks like this but with the whole feel of the album being about cultural criticism and aggresion it doesnt quite fit. some might say it gives some balance to the album. (7.5/10).

18. One (Remix) - alright track, not a big fan of this type of beat but thats just me. the rhymes are decent and the beat is bareable with some nice drums. (7/10).

Overall i really liked this album, one of my favourites. the tracks express raw aggresion and present an ulterior opinion to that of which we are exposed to normally, no matter if you agree or not. the production is consistent throughout the album with some standout tarcks including point of no retrurn, harlem streets, peruvian cocaine, industrial revolution, 4th branch and crossing the boundary. the frist half of the album is near classic but for me the second half could have been better.

Overall score = 120.5/140 = 8.6/10

Classic one, 8/10, I like Revolutionary vol. 1 more than this
    Prepare for the Prophecy...

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Default Go

This is a classic album. IT spits great lyrics, however the production is not always solid. But he has taken a big step forward in production. Revolutionary vol 1 had very poor production.

I can't wait for Revolutionary Vol 3!!

9/10!
    ________
    buy silver surfer
    Last edited by beardman; 02-01-2011 at 07:40 AM.

10/10. Personal classic for me.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

Quote Originally Posted by djskillz View Post
    10/10. Personal classic for me.
    same here

8/10 for me.... close to going up to 9 though

9/10 gets regular rotation here

Homicide Harlem BLAOW! whats the problem!

10/10 classic for me. a lot better than revolutionary vol.1