Thread: BATMAN: Gotham Knight (Animated shorts)

Default BATMAN: Gotham Knight (Animated shorts)

A few years back, as the release of THE MATRIX RELOADED was imminent, a series of anime shorts were released to tie in with the film. Called THE ANIMATRIX, the project comprised of nine shorts that pushed us further into the crazy world created by The Wachowkis.

I can remember THE ANIMATRIX vividly, particularly seeing FINAL FLIGHT OF THE OSIRIS debuting on late night TV and even on a small screen, it blew me away. I had flirted with anime before but THE ANIMATRIX was what really pushed me head first into the genre.

Now, a similar trick is being tried with Batman.

A series of six anime shorts are in the pipeline and will get released under the name BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHT prior to THE DARK KNIGHT’s theatrical bow.

Already confirmed for the project are Hollywood writers Josh Olsen and David Goyer, THE PRESTIGE and THE DARK KNIGHT producer Jordan Goldberg; comic scribes Brian Azzarello and Greg Rucka; along with Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett who were involved in the superb BATMAN, SUPERMAN and JUSTICE LEAGUE animated shows.

The animation will come courtesy of three of Japan’s most popular animation production houses: Production I.G., Madhouse, and Studio 4°C.

Add to that the news from Twitch that Satoshi Kon (PERFECT BLUE, PAPRIKA) will direct a segment and we’ve got a potential gem on out hands.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

^^Beautiful

Thank you.

I collect a lot of animated movies if you want the hook up Tauro in our zone.
    Break fast is served

nice
    them 3 japanese anime companies are off the hook
    they took anime to a new level

what ever happened to manga?? they put out some serious animes back in the day

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

STYLE

animatrix IS DOPE. i got the DVD. best ones imo were "The Second Renaissance" and "world record"

the renaissance was crazy- the history of how the machines came up.

this batman sounds like a winner.

have you seen the Gametap "tombraider anime" that shit was hot. an egyptian artifact that could open a gate to the gods. buddah Jehovah krishna zeus Allah were all in this shit. and diif agencies battle with religious relics. the shit is crazy, to short but realy interesting.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

crazy....can't wait to c it!
    bring back begongo!!

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STYLEMASTERR View Post
    animatrix IS DOPE. i got the DVD. best ones imo were "The Second Renaissance" and "world record"

the renaissance was crazy- the history of how the machines came up.

this batman sounds like a winner.

have you seen the Gametap "tombraider anime" that shit was hot. an egyptian artifact that could open a gate to the gods. buddah Jehovah krishna zeus Allah were all in this shit. and diif agencies battle with religious relics. the shit is crazy, to short but realy interesting.

I like the Animatrix more then the actual movies

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Trailer for Gotham Knight:

http://www.warnervideo.com/batmangothamknight/

Looks fucking class. I can't wait for this.

Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post
    what ever happened to manga?? they put out some serious animes back in the day

Manga Entertainment are still around. They don't actually make films, they're just a distributor in the west (UK, USA, Oz etc).

If I buy anime now I get it from an asian bootleg, cos the UK retail dvds are ridiculously priced.
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 05-09-2008 at 02:18 PM.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...