Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magic Mush

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Os3y3ris View Post
    Do shrooms do ego death?
    say what?

Veteran Member

Ego death is basically when a psychadelic annihilates your sense of self, life, etc.
    And what shall we toast?

Madness! Combustion! Liberty and the end of all law! The invisible international! The toast is anarchy!

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcidPhosphate69 View Post
    I've been on that shit numerous times.

I remembe one time, I was chillin' with my boy out in a field tripping sac and some how, I got onto this idea that I was God and every other man was a God controlling your own universe. I completely explained that shit perfectly to the kid next to me but to this day I can't quite remember exactly what led me to that conclusion.

ANother time, I was laying on my back in a pitch black, silent room tripping and I heard this like, buzzing and then I heard/felt this loud PING inside my head. Honestly, the moment i heard that I was scared shitless and I ran out of the room and watched TV. I dunno, it was a lil' fucked up.
    I had a similar experience, except we tripped at a Mall in the Suburbs of Denver.

One of my friends started talking to these young suburbian kids that were gonna fight these other kids. He intervened into the skirmish and started preaching to them. Pretty soon, these kids were hangin around trying to learn some wisdom or some shit....I don't know it was pretty funny.

Meanwhile, me and my cousin were on that power trip while people walked by. It was probably the most interesting 6 hours i've ever had in a mall.

I've been on acid before, but what the crazyiest trip i've had was on an x-pill. I thought it was laced, because it was different from all the other times I took X. But in my recent research, I found out that x can mimic mesacline in the brain as well as being a methanphetamine.

That shit had me buggin out. Visuals like crazy- I seen Sonic the Hedge hog, witches and pumpkins in a kaliedascope type way, plants growing out of bear cans, at one point I looked at a wall and it was like a window to a tropical island in the distance. Then I seen one of the rocks in the fireplace turn into a skull and look at me. Shit was crazy.
    Last edited by Slippy The Pimp; 04-05-2007 at 05:53 PM.

Veteran Member

Yeh, X is a psychadelic.
    And what shall we toast?

Madness! Combustion! Liberty and the end of all law! The invisible international! The toast is anarchy!

yeah i did em loads, when they were legal to buy, 1 time i was in a pub, i was already drunk and the floor had a weird carpet, and it just started movin all over, next thing barmaid looked like a parrot, loads more like this happened,,, and when i was in bed with the after effects at night, the shadows in my room were movin around like horses

the closest thing to that i've had is Salvia (mexican tripping weed) smoked some out of a bong in a small room.. thought the table/posters/everything was trying to eat me and i was thinking i was trapped in there until like 60 sec later where it slowly wears off.. but i still felt uneasy like WTF is this shit... packed the bong with normal weed.. all good again

Veteran Member

Mexican tripping weed? Not at all. Salvia is a Mazatec shamanic tool used for divination among other things. It has nothing to do with weed, is nothing like weed and should not be treated as such. Its a completely seperate herb (salvia divonorum) with a different active ingredient. Salvinorin A as opposed to THC.
    Last edited by Os3y3ris; 04-05-2007 at 09:53 PM.
    And what shall we toast?

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

^^^ True shit right there. Salvia is cool as shit tho. The trips are madness

To the main topic, I have only done Shrooms twice, both times prolly 2 years ago. Very enjoyable

we into muchrooms; chase the hienikens it cuts them,
    catch me in a capper on shrooms,
    muhrooms, did those------------

Muchrooms helped my sat scores go up like 200 points, and another time made me get an 80 on a history test on the 20's where at the end i concluded that the 20's were awsome.

But on one occasion I ate them and read Friedrich Nietzche's "birth of tragedy", and my soul got put into a state of misery where I felt it was too late to repent, and I could see my ancestors as evil, but I could like see them, and I knew I caried their curse, where I saw my blue corderoise as part of my flesh, but if I looked into the capret I could make little ants just crawl out of the carpet just by looking too deep into it, and I knew that dying was not an escape to what was sorrowfull to me, like what Salvia taught the guy from Sliders over there on the scifi channel. I saw that all my lives, however many i lived were all effected by what had happened, but what it was i can only concjecture about. I felt so much of the "capacity of tragedy", as the late Killah Priest called it on heavy mental, that even the wu tang songs were confounded by the limitation of entrapment that I had entered that night, as I remember just thingking, (i have writen bout this before by the way, but fuck it), about how all the way they describe things, such as like gravediggaz say, "argon freon, neon, be gone", and gza says, "wilches warlocks spooks", just one thought that ran through my head, all things were orignialted from emptyness, and maby i felt I had abandoned the emptyness and therefore was unfounded in my exeistence, or what ever, but it started from the Nietzche reading where I saw him, as a soul not accepting mercy, and where he was poised tempt and emprison all others by showing them that pity will bring one to supreess comppasion...which was ill, and it went on that I thought about the bible vers. In the begining, knowing that the phrase was a mental lie, that was apparent, where all things were unending, and people were all vain, in their lives, talking about cars and things using words, and trying to conceal their emptyness, to the point where I called up my father and tried to comunicate how everything is fucked, but realized that the pressure of the world, pressed us to ignore this reality, that I saw as present into my body, which I now think of as redamable through purifying the kidnesys, which contain the seemen which is said to be the Sons of Essence, etc, which I concieter to be the true meaning of hip hop, but I went so far away that night, I sometimes wonder to what extent I have returned, becasue the three awakenting moments were when the computer next to me changed, when I saw a girl crying over my sadness and I expressed an affirmation of her realtiy out of a sence of X, meaning unknown to me, becasue i remember feeling like even while i lived this life my life and all my lives were still unsatisphatory, where I could manifest ants and things just by looking and when I spit onto my microwave before I went off somewhere to confound my own mental awareness that everything I do is contingent on a certain lie, so I spit to demonstrate to my self the continuity of hallucination and maby damed divity, but it failed, and the third time I awoke I cant remember, so I reall dont remember how I got out if the trip, but its over, except for the fact that I am still alive and living under a name i accepted to be a lie at the time, in a life time that I accepted to be part of a damed continuaum at the time, when I was aware of unending lives and godless, where I saw mushrooms as the one manifestation of the world like the 49311, that contains the power to reveal the visual sencable aspect of emptyness, and by emptyness I mean emptyness. On other occassions when I ate them I would talk to my mom and have nice enlightened conversations.
    Last edited by ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA; 04-12-2007 at 04:22 PM.

That is the deepest read I have ever had my man. I really appreciate this. Your words are divine in this shit dog.

Thanks for confirming this. I have done mush twice - but once the shit was laced with bad lsd. The first time I was busy trippin off my pitt that sniffed the shit and was staring at me like I was evil. And my cousin saying how the floor became rice crispies and milk. But I didnt concentrate on my own high.

I'm going to get me some soon and log it for yall.

That was a beatiful read man.
    Break fast is served

Whenever I trip on shrooms, I seem to gain an understanding of the way things work. Like, I can think about things at a completely different perspective and shit just seems to connect. It's weird.

I believe if you go into a trip, seeking a higher level of thought and you don't force it upon yourself, you'll attain that higher level. It's all about a frame of mind when you trip. Tripping brings me closer to myself in a fundamental way.

This thread makes me want to eat an 8th of shrooms so fucking bad.

yo if we keep talking about dem, they will turn up, but there is one thing I want to say about which I forgot to bring up, I also realized that one night how we dipict stautes, like the rza says, "german catholic white washing roman sculpures", and I was thinking about statues, and how in the idea of a priest of the church, behind the church bells is a man, and this man is compleatly like damed by the idea of time and eternity. So he represents himself as the arbiter of god.

WHat did rza me3an by Germann Catholics white washing roman sculpures, or like GHost said, throwen cash at the the statues?

Any idea?

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

^^ I think that line might have to somthing about the scuptures being detailed and painted with color and made to represent people how they look, and then later they were just made white and exaggerated to try an portray what a God looks like to them.

Long Trip: Magic Mushrooms' Transcendent Effect Lingers

Survey shows that profound mental changes induced by psilocybin have lasted for more than a year

By David Biello

People who took magic mushrooms were still feeling the love more than a year later, and one might say they were on cloud nine about it, scientists report in the Journal of Psychopharmacology.
    "Most of the volunteers looked back on their experience up to 14 months later and rated it as the most, or one of the five most, personally meaningful and spiritually significant of their lives," comparing it with the birth of a child or the death of a parent, says neuroscientist Roland Griffiths of Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, who lead the research. "It's one thing to have a dramatic experience you say is impressive. It's another thing to say you consider it as meaningful 14 months later. There's something about the saliency of these experiences that's stunning."
    Griffiths gave 36 specially screened volunteers psilocybin, the active ingredient in so-called magic mushrooms. The compound is believed to affect perception and cognition by acting on the same receptors in the brain that respond to serotonin, a neurotransmitting chemical tied to mood.
    Afterward, about two thirds of the group reported having a "full mystical experience," characterized by a feeling of "oneness" with the universe. When Griffiths asked them how they were doing 14 months later, the same proportion gave the experience high marks for transcendental satisfaction, and credited it with increasing their well-being since then.
    But some scientists noted that this psilocybin study was just the first trip on a long journey of understanding. "We don't know how far we can generalize these results," cautions neuroscientist Charles Schuster of Loyola University Chicago and a former director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse. "To attribute all of this to the drug, I think, is a mistake and to expect the same effects from simply taking the drug without this careful preparation in these kinds of people would be a mistake."
    Herbert Kleber, who directs the division of substance abuse at Columbia University also notes that it is difficult to assess the mushroom's impact without detailed information on how individual lives were changed. For example, it remains unclear from the study whether volunteers really were more altruistic or simply claimed to be.
    But the findings do seem to support reports of recreational users and what LSD guru and 1960s counterculture icon Timothy Leary made famous in his psychedelic lab at Harvard University.
    Griffiths and Schuster are proponents of future research on psilocybin to determine whether it has long-term influence on the brain—and whether the reported mystical effects affect memory alone or stem from other physiological changes. This study is among the first of so-called "shrooms" in four decades, coming after the widespread, illegal use of hallucinogens as recreational drugs in the 1960s, which turned off corporate and academic researchers.
    "I don't think the evidence is sufficiently strong for any beneficial effect in general for us to consider changing the legality of these substances until a great deal more research is done," Schuster says. "But the illegality should not interfere with this research."
    For his part, Griffiths is now recruiting terminally illcancer patients for a trial that will test whether psilocybin mitigates the existential anxiety that comes with facing death. Strangely enough, he says, it may also be a salve for alcoholism and drug addiction.
    "It does sound counterintuitive," Griffiths says. But, "six of the 12 AA [Alcoholics Anonymous] steps are related to a higher power and surrendering to it. Many people don't engage fully into the 12-step program because they don't have a connection to a higher power. One can't help but wonder whether an experience like this might be useful."
    Break fast is served

Veteran Member

So, in the meantime I took a LOT of mushrooms. The best trip I ever had on an intellectual level was a shot of caapi with a small dose of mushrooms. Ironically, this caused me to quit introspective drug use. It all broke down to one insane philosophical conspiracy. I determined philosophy as we know it to be a sham. True philosophy wasn't restricted to any one form of communication or self expression, such as its typical reliance on speech. Instead it was all encompassing. We were all racing towards one unifying idea that couldn't be expressed. We had to try though. As we all searched, conflicts would arise. How did the great philosophers settle disputes? Through violence. Logic dictated that if they were indeed great philosophers, that their works were near flawless. Rational discussion would tax the limits of the understanding of both parties. Therefore, we had martial arts, the physical expression of the intellect in the same manner as this new philosophy. This brought us to the I Ching, as many martial artists ARE reflecting the i ching in their movements (ie. the tae geuk).

Anyways, it went on for hours in the above manner. Madness and understanding at the same time as if they were one and the same. So I don't do drugs any more. Can't go any deeper.
    And what shall we toast?