Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Protools just above 13,000 Overall...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post
    Dickwad ^

yes it's true that TSA is a dickwad, but he does know what he is talking about here.

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz1981 View Post
    13,000 is ok but for this album GZA deserves a lot more. People on here saying he got a nice chunk of change but really when you think about it, say he got 6$ per album whats that? about 70,000 some odd dollars??? Well he probably had to pay a chunk of that for the beats and the studio time as well as an engineer and album artwork. Then distribution and also having to pay a bit to his featured MC's. I bet so far he has actually only made about 30-40 thousand so far. thats not a lot to make someone want to continue to make hot records. damn shame if you ask me but still like buddy said above at lease it isnt on the level of Stained Glass disaster
    I dont think that really applys to Indies. Thats for major only. And come on how many of those beats you think GZA really paid for?? GZA is doing pretty good for himself at the moment. I hope he keeps it up.

40K is a years wages for a many americans for only a couple months work.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by White Owl Clan View Post
    what exactly is there "fanbase" -- i mean back in the days they were just the cool shit to bump, like lil wayne is now, so they sold a shitload. Once that whole hype faded away they just had the fans of real music. then they got old...and stopped buying music. Now -- all wu has is the internet heads, cause no one who doesnt surf the net as much as us even knows gza has a new album out.
    I agree that new artists get extra sales from curious music listeners. I also agree that this should tale off afterwards.

But I disagree that people didn't know. More than 13k people do know because I bet Gza has performed to more people than that recently on his tour. I also bet that in and around NY that hip hop fans of Wu or Gza specifically would know. NY plus tours alone should get him more than that alone.

People are turning away from Wu for a very good reason and its not downloads or lack of information. An indie artist gets the majority of sales from his fans through tours and his local area but Gza hasn't even got that.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

kamouflage

40 k is not enough???
    Boom Bap Mafiozos " C.R.A.C.K."

http://www.myspace.com/boombapmafiozos

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla24x7 View Post
    ^
    Any one in the Wu would be THRILLED to touch 200k on a major.
    8 Diagrams did about those numbers, still real weak for a Clan album but still..

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!