Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fugazi-In on the Kill Taker

The Poet You Never Were 9th Warrior's Avatar

i never listen to this.
    13 songs and repeater own this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    co sign on great cop....and repeater is good, but i like this record better...idk man, Returning the screw, Rend It, Walken's Syndrome, etc..
    let me tell you something punk i dont give a funk who you roll wit and what you do( yo one and only warning)matter of fact fuck you and yo crew the next time you take another one of my shits down and talk out the side of yo neck to me!!!!!! (wit all this "what the fuck are you doing" fictitious tough guy shit) imma seek out who the fuck you are and beat the breaks off you and i dont give a fuck if you considerd fam,site admin,white,black,red,green whatever pUNK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!MY FRIEND BETTER LEARN TO SHO ME SOME RESPECT cause I really bangs buster!!! ps FUCK YOU peace!!!!!!!!!!!

lmao,HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

OMG

nice to meet you Al Pacino, i rather u kill me than me get intimidated by a "gangsta" for doing my job....LEARN TO READ DICKWAD!!!! AND IMMA BE DOING MY JOB WHEN I TAKE MY NEXT TRIP OVER SEAS AND BEAT CHO ASS,WHERE THE FUCK IS RINGS ANY WAY? RZA IS RIGHT THIS SITE DONE TURN INTO SOME FAKE WU WANNA BE BULLSHIT YET IM TAKING IT BACK BUSTER!!!!!!!! (DOING YO JOB? GET OFF MY DICK THAT'S YO ONLY JOB&AND PRAYING NO BODY ON THIS SITE TELL'S ME WHO YOU REALLY ARE YOU LITTLE MARK HE! HE! HE! HE! PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by christbearer; 09-13-2008 at 06:02 PM.

Facet Squared - This is a nice Intro type track. Sets the tone of the album well. I felt like I was in for something that would sound like Husker Du or sonic youth. Ian's Vocals are straight GRITTY on this. Sounds like he just woke up or was seriously pissed. 4/5

Public Witness Program - Love the claps at the end. The energy on this was on some typical punk rock of the early nineties type shit. 3 chord rock out. pretty good though. The hook is catchy. 4/5

Returning the screw - This one is kinda out there. It would be tight to hear Tool cover this. Sometimes Ian's vocals are just too blunt. His range almost falls short but still , this is a tuff track. 3/5

Smallpox Champion - Another Chunky Riff with a shout along hook. mad energy. 5/5

Rend It - This track is pretty good. The imagery is conveyed well. I feel like this could be a Morrissey song though. I could picture him doing this idk why. 3/5

23 beats off - This is tight. I like tracks that continue where one left off. I kinda feel like Ian shoulda let the other cat sing on this cuz he just came too harsh on it. The guit work is great and I am reminded of Tool again. In 93 though Tool wasnt the Tool we know now. They hadnt really mastered that "sound" yet. I would rate this higher if Ian's Vox wasnt so harsh. The ending was classic though. 3/5

Sweet and Low - Love it. I didnt really know about the instrumental jams they do. Now that I look back I remember that the album I listened to was Red Medicine and the only thing I could stand was the instrumental. ......fuck it ....I'll go ahead and say it now - Maybe I short Changed Fugazi. maybe I wasnt ready at the time I tried to hear it or whatever cuz it sounds alright to me now. Back to Sweet and low - 4/5

Cassavetes - I hear Queens of the stone age all over this riff. Surprised by the vocals too. I like the lil solo too. reminded me of korn when it starts. 5/5

Great Cop - Yeah This does sound similar to Minor Threat but like something off of Out of Step. If I had to pick 3 songs to break this album on somebody with I wouldnt have this track in the 3. Its an okay track but not the strongest. 3/5

Walkens Syndrome - This is a track that would go in the top 3. This and Smallpox Champ and Cassavetes are the strongest most potent. I like everything about this track. The drums even sound really nice. 5/5

Instrument - If I had to give any song on the album a real low rating it would be this. I like the idea but it seems cluttered. There is some fat to be trimmed off this track. I like the guit tones though. 2/5

Last Chance for a Slow dance - This is really weak to end with. The end of it is good but I feel like if this track had to be on the album then why not put it in the middle. I dont know what else to say about this track. I didnt like the guit tones they sounded "beginner" and the way they left it at the end.....damn. 3/5

overall - I give this album 7/10.

The arrangement was dope minus the last two tracks. Fair amount of back and forth with 2 singers , no mic hogging. I'm gonna go and listen to the other albums now and compare.

I will say this though , for 93 this album isnt fucking with Pearl Jam's VS album and I'll take that to the bank.

good album though....

told ya, now i really do recommend Steady Diet....its awesome too...better album flow

btw im leaving Yogi Bearer's post up there, so people cood see what im dealing with here...lmao.

I dont understand where that bull came from (yogi) but whatever. I was like "this mf listens to Fugazi" and then I open up the thread to see that. smh

Yeah I just DL'd Repeater and it blows IMO. I will get Steady Diet cuz Everybody in the thread so far has said that that is a dope album.

In on the Kill Taker >>> repeater

just wish that In on the kill had those reggae vibes though......

steady has a bit more....and IOTKT is better than repeater imo.

check out guy's guitar work. best use of tapping ever.

yea, there shit is mad complex...eloels, piccioto is the man.

repeater is a really good album, but it took me some time to get into. 13 songs is good too but people overrate it a lot i think.