4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diablo + Hellfire

2 50.00%
  • Diablo II + Lord of Destruction

2 50.00%

Thread: Diablo + Hellfire vs Diablo II + Lord of Destruction

'Section 9'

Default Diablo + Hellfire vs Diablo II + Lord of Destruction

Diablo had a pretty straightforward gameplay and storyline with no real 'quests' except for stuff like Leoric, Sir Gorrash etc. Diablo had a very simple item & inventory system. Had 17 levels (21 including Hellfire) that are connected, and there is no location system

Diablo 2 had a variety of quests, locations, item types, twice as much classes, a skill system, somewhat advanced graphics, advanced mechanics and such.

But...

Diablo beats the shit out of Diablo 2 easily. The charisma, the straightforwardness, simplicity and the artwork is beatufiul. The music is beautiful too. Diablo 2 seems too heavy, makes you take a break after a while of playing. Whereas, Diablo will suck you in. My record of playing Diablo II was about 4 hours, with the first game it was 13.

That's my opinion.

What's yours?

Crazy Optician.

I played Diablo 2 alot more than i did Diablo..... Although i did pick up no.2 1st so going back to 1 seemed a bit stupid!!

i did complete and enjoy both but the the superior online capabilities of 2 take the prize for me in the end

diablo 2.. good times i can't wait for d3 and sc2 to drop but that will take a while.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Diablo II, even LoD itself is better than Diablo and Hellfire together

it's Blizzard every new release quality bringin', maineee
    bring back begongo!!

'Section 9'

I expected results like this. But shit, ain't nothing better for a hack&slash fan to just go into one dungeon and... hack&slash.

Anyone noticed Titan Quest is a different skill system-mythology themed clone of Diablo II?

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

^^^^yup. My PC magazine said that even before the game came out, it was too obvious....
    bring back begongo!!

'Section 9'

Titan Quest is epic though, very epic.

But Diablo stays my fav game of all time.

diablo uno

just being new to the series...
    not knowing what to expect, the mysterious-ness of going down into a monastery where dead mangled and tortured bodies lay...
    evil corrupting a small village...
    and the items....

in part two i was already familiar with everything.. part two was good but it didnt just have 'that feeling' and yea i played the first for hours... too many hours..

i also didnt like in part two you go to the desert and forest with little Mummy Returns knife wielding creatures.. my favorite part about two DEFINITELY is the arcane sanctuary and the gate between heaven and hell.. that shit was ill... i was dissapointed when i fought diablo though, i wasnt even expecting it and then he runs out i was like wtf? really? the expansion fucks with my computer for some reason so i never got to see the full extent of that .. i just might go and play it now....
    say you got hoes, you pry got hoes in yo socks