Thread: ken griffey jr. is hot right now...

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

Default ken griffey jr. is hot right now...

this guy has always been my favorite player, and finally, for the first time in like five seasons, he's been through pretty much the whole season injury free. and he just hit a home run today, which is like his 34th, along with 90-something RBIS and a 300 average. good to see him back...
    "all your San Franciscos will eventually fall and burn again..." -Jack Kerouac-

Default Re: ken griffey jr. is hot right now...

He's always been my favorite player, good to see that sweet swing hittin homers again

damn for real.....good for him..bout time...he has been my fav for a long time

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

its too bad he has been so injury-prone...otherwise he could have made a serious run at hank aaron's home run title. as it is, he still might end up in the top 5 home run hitters of all time.

He would have been ahead of Barry Bonds Steroid ass by now and he did it all without the help of anything (He's the smallest guy in the 500 homers club) I followed him since he was a rookie and he is the greatest all-around player of all time. Too bad for the injuries.
    Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.-Malcolm X

Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.
    Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

www.myspace.com/mefman

www.liquidswords.tk

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

i know, its all in his wrists..i remember him talking about that one time. i really thought his career was over, but he has really come back this season. i think he should have a change of scenery...cincinnatti doesnt seem so enthusiastic to have him, because of all his injuries. maybe if he plays like 10 more years a la ricky henderson he can get at aaron.
    i heard rumors that the white sox and the reds were in talks about a possible trade involving griffey jr., but everyone denied it. i think a move would be a positive thing for him.

Well he came over to the National League and had trouble adjusting to the pitching. Then the next season was injured, and continuously so until last season where he had an All-Star worthy first half, until he got hurt. I hope the Yankees don't pick him up off waivers if indeed the Reds and Griff agree to split. I've always wanted the Giants to get him, we'll need someone when Barry leaves. Griff said that when he left Seattle and didn't sign with the Yanks he was receiving death threats from Yankee fans, and maybe Mariners too. I've always wanted Griffey to do good, he's "the Kid".

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco

Divine Cypher

even when he had trouble adjusting to pitching he hit 50 homers. he's my favorite player of all-time.

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

yeah that first season with cincinatti his average was a bit lower, but he still had like 40 home runs. and then last season he was having that all star first half, and then of course he had another devestating, dispiriting injury.