Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Hip-Hop Cassette Tapes......

Quote Originally Posted by dinfinite1 View Post
    Ha!ha!Ha! man you're a funny dude!!Cassettes oh man!! i got a sh** load of them that I'm busy converting!! In fact I have found most of the stuff converted to CD already!! Mst say i am completely spoiled by new technology and pretty used to the 80 min!!!
    How are CD's new technology? Haven't they been around since the 80's? lol

No doubt kid!!! Seems I'm misunderstood so let me keep it simple up in this piece!! I was commenting to the thread author Big D O making reference to his passion for cassette tapes!!Just so you know my man I just started using CD's in the mid 90's!! I started the comment with laughter so some would undesrstand the humor in it, none the less when I peeped this thread it made me go back a bit!! At the same time made me think of the tons of tapes I have to now convert!!!And oh by the way for some that can't afford or access that newer sh** then CD's is new technology
    Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    How are CD's new technology? Haven't they been around since the 80's? lol

Yeah, I hear ya. I didn't start buying CD's on the regular till about 2002 or so. lol

Somewhwere between concern and not givin a shit....

Update for 09/08/2008:

found two pretty decent pickups today at different spots....

at one spot I found a Arrested Development "Unplugged" album from 93'....I guess it was for MTV and featured The Last Poets, DJ Red Alert, Caron Wheeler and Spike Lee....

at the second spot I once again pd my growing R&B collection by picking up Blackstreet's 1996 album "Another Level".....

both tapes were in great condition.....

Update for 9/15/08:

aaight, aaight!! I know it's been over a week since I've hit y'all wit any new updates, but here's a huge one.....

sometime ago I made a lil' backroom deal wit a cat from a different website and we worked some things out....

in the end the agreement was made that I would pay 20 bucks for 7 tapes and their shipping....(I chose from a nice lil' list)

I recieved them today and I couldn't have been more pleased, this is what I got:

Cappadonna - The Pillage (In great condition)

Nas - I Am (In Great condition)

Killarmy - Dirty Weapons For Quiet Wars (Case is a lil dusty, and you can tell someone was playing the tape a lot, but it still has all it's original printing and whatnot, good condition, not spectacular, but good)

EPMD - Back In Business (Great Condition, case is pristine, except for a crack across the front, pretty sure that happened in the shipping process)

Jeru The Damaja - Wrath Of The math (Great condition)

Ras Kass - Rassassination (Great condition)

Keith Murray - Enigma (the tape itself is in great condition, but the case was dirty as shit, lol)

so yeah, the collection continues to grow...got some of the "essentials" outta the way now that I finally got that Jeru and that Nas.......I'm bout to order some more tapes from duke here this week too.....he has a huge collection that he's letting go for cheap....

I thought it was a bargain for the quality....at first I was like "damn, 3 bucks a tape is a lil' steep considering that I've been gettin em' anywhere from free to 50 cents", but this guy's selection is nuts and they all are in great condition....It was a no brainer....

Not as exciting as getting out there and digging yourself and finding tapes, but to get em' all at once is pretty dope....

I got some new tapes today

Kurupt - Kuruption (East and West) two tapes

Lost Boys- Legal Drug Money

Pastor Troy - Face Off

2Pac - Greatest Hits

D12 World

They also had DMX - Grand Champ, Naughty By Nature "OPP" single, The Game "The Documentary" , some Cam'Ron, 2Pac - Until The End of Time
    IM THE BABY, GOTTA LOVE ME

Go to sleep when your tired and wake up at the same time everyday until you'r legs are more flexible for an intense fight with your local mail carrier

i gotta give alot of props to Big D O because I recognize in you the exact same obsession with diggin for music that's in me.. though I buy CD's the hunt is the same, digging through all the records in every store to find the golden ones and ordering much from the net and just expanding the collection...

keep it up man, i would like to see a photo of your tape collection soon as well, original cassettes has a god damn nice feel to 'em.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    i gotta give alot of props to Big D O because I recognize in you the exact same obsession with diggin for music that's in me.. though I buy CD's the hunt is the same, digging through all the records in every store to find the golden ones and ordering much from the net and just expanding the collection...

keep it up man, i would like to see a photo of your tape collection soon as well, original cassettes has a god damn nice feel to 'em.
    props brutha...indeed, we both are infected with the same glorious disease of diggin'.....

been tryin to get my boy to let me barrow his nice ass digi cam so I can photograph the collection for ya'll.....when I get that done, please believe it'll be in here....

Nice to see someone who's still very interested in tapes....

I've always liked tapes even though I don't own any Hip-Hop albums on tape, I just like making mixtapes etc. to play in the car etc.

Keep it up

bumpin'......

it's time for some photo's of the collection.....maybe some new tales.....I got some of both comin tommorrow......

no doubt, i've been wondering where this thread went.. voting it a 5 star thread also. peace

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

aaight, aaighrt here we go kiddies!!!! Time for pics of my pretties!!!

lol, seriously tho, when I said yesterday that I would put up pics, maybe I over shot how exhaustive the process could be.....

....at any rate I decided to post up as many pics as I could before I got bored/comatose.....

so....here we go!!!

Hip-Hop Joints:

R&B Tapes:

Golden Age Tapes:

once again puttin these pics up with my hectic schedule was kind of a process, but i do have more and I wanna show em' to y'all too....

shouts to all the real niggas that showed interest in this thread man.....Claaa, Afficial Nas, B. Danzenie, Check Two, 9th Warrior, Nakhi, Sunny Winters and Charles Jones......

I really been meanin to get back out there on my grizzly as far as pickin em' up....but they're gettin more and more scarce in the thrift and record stores.....a lot of my newest pickups come from cats I link up with on the net and order from.....

at any rate I'mma keep goin man.....I'mma put up the rest of the pics here soon too.....
    Last edited by BIG D O; 01-13-2009 at 09:47 PM.

i think ill have to confiscate that Jayo Felony tape young man you can have it back never

ill post up pictures too
    IM THE BABY, GOTTA LOVE ME

Go to sleep when your tired and wake up at the same time everyday until you'r legs are more flexible for an intense fight with your local mail carrier

damn props for posting D O, definitely a dope collection with alot of hot joints.. personally i think hip-hop MC/CD/LP's is something of the most beautifullest thing in the world to look at (no homo) lol.. repped

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Danzenie View Post
    i think ill have to confiscate that Jayo Felony tape young man you can have it back never

ill post up pictures too
    lol, word up, word up......that's what I had to do.....

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    damn props for posting D O, definitely a dope collection with alot of hot joints.. personally i think hip-hop MC/CD/LP's is something of the most beautifullest thing in the world to look at (no homo) lol.. repped

thanyou for lookin Claa.......indeed it is artwork......a better time......