Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: LAKERS dump two in a row ....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rode Block View Post
    You know damn well that the Pistons with Billups were the most complacent team in the NBA. They played with 0 passion. It's like they just expected to win because of who they were. The Pisons of the last few years were the most overrated team in the NBA.

And the Kidd, Carter, Jefferson was one of the worse defensive teams in the NBA. Plus Kidd and Carter never played well together...That team had bad chemistry and no defense.

lol..I was just joking bout that. Danny Ferry has done a great job building the Cavs.

I'd take Lebron over Wade too, but I still think D-Wade has a chance to go down as the forth best 2-guard of all-time. Behind Jordan, Kobe, and Erving.

I don't get where you were going with AI and rings...i never even mentioned rings and AI is one of my favorite players.

So...how you like the beat down Lakers gave Lebron? Told you Lakers were gonna clog up all his driving lanes! LOL, Lakers just bullied the Cavs to submission tonight!
    Everyone was on Detroits dick those years. Don't hate on the Cavs like that. The West plays no defense, thats why the Spurs dominate.

Wade after Jordan, Kobe and Erving??? I dont kno about that....too early.

LeBron was getting hacked, they didnt call shit, they never do. He was fine. Gasol's too skinny to hurt Bron, and Bynum aint shit.
    We were down 2 starters. Enjoy the win. Savor it. its about time, we had a 5 game streak goin on.
    Kobe was the one who came out banged up.

Lakers are good, they are a deep team. But at full strenght I think we are better. We missed Z and West tonight.

Bron took bad 3's, when he does that we usually don't win. I thought he should have attacked more cuz he was blowin by Kobe.

On a side note, i think the NBA should do away with zone defense. I never liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Everyone was on Detroits dick those years. Don't hate on the Cavs like that. The West plays no defense, thats why the Spurs dominate.
    lol...That's true. Can't even argue with that.

Wade after Jordan, Kobe and Erving??? I dont kno about that....too early.
    I'm not saying it's gonna happen, just that it's a good possibility, if he can stay healthy.

LeBron was getting hacked, they didnt call shit, they never do. He was fine. Gasol's too skinny to hurt Bron, and Bynum aint shit.
    We were down 2 starters. Enjoy the win. Savor it. its about time, we had a 5 game streak goin on.
    Kobe was the one who came out banged up.

Lakers are good, they are a deep team. But at full strenght I think we are better. We missed Z and West tonight.

Bron took bad 3's, when he does that we usually don't win. I thought he should have attacked more cuz he was blowin by Kobe.

On a side note, i think the NBA should do away with zone defense. I never liked it.
    lol...before the game you were talking about how you don't need them, and now that you lose you talking about how much you miss 'em?! lmao

na on the real though, I don't see how Big Z would even help 'em out. Gasol was dominating Ben Wallace and the Lakers Zone-Trap D just stopped all of Lebron's driving lanes(like I said would happen). You can tell Lebron didn't expect to see the Lakers play the physical defense they do. This Lakers team isn't a soft team like they were last year AND they have depth. Cavs just aren't as good as the Lakers.

And Kobe is gonna be fine. He's been playing with that injured finger since last season. It didn't bother him in the playoffs and it won't bother him the rest of the season.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

You know damn well that the Pistons with Billups were the most complacent team in the NBA. They played with 0 passion. It's like they just expected to win because of who they were. The Pisons of the last few years were the most overrated team in the NBA.
    Pistons made it to the East Finals like every year 5 years or somthing.

We werent overrated, just the 3rd/4th team in the league

The team you're talking about with 0 passion is the team that went too the 05 finals against the Spurs. But than again, Larry Brown isnt the guy you need when your players get like that.

Hahahaha Rode Block is still upset that we dismantled their little "Super Team" they had going in 2004 ahahahah

Not only did u have the NBA stroking your dicks, hoping you'd win, but you had the fucking announcers following suit.

You dont kno how bad it was to have to sit thru 5 games of Bill Walton talking about how Luke is the second coming of Jesus just cause he makes like one nice lay-up, and fuckin Doc Rivers CHEERING when the Lakers were playing good

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    Hahahaha Rode Block is still upset that we dismantled their little "Super Team" they had going in 2004 ahahahah

Not only did u have the NBA stroking your dicks, hoping you'd win, but you had the fucking announcers following suit.

You dont kno how bad it was to have to sit thru 5 games of Bill Walton talking about how Luke is the second coming of Jesus just cause he makes like one nice lay-up, and fuckin Doc Rivers CHEERING when the Lakers were playing good
    That was probly the worse NBA finals I've ever seen. I try to forget that even happened. lol

I couldn't believe Prince shut Kobe down the way he did. I didn't think anyone can D up on Kobe the way Prince did. Kobe fucked up too for not wanting to pass to Shaq. Just an all around shitty performance for the Lakers in 2004.

I remember watching that shit on TV, before the game the "analysts" always picked who they thought would win, and during game 5 when Lakers were down 3-1 EVERY ANALYST picked the Lakers to win on the road. That was a biased series by the media.
    Last edited by Rode Block; 01-20-2009 at 01:55 AM.

Banned

Red face

lol...That's true. Can't even argue with that.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, just that it's a good possibility, if he can stay healthy.

lol...before the game you were talking about how you don't need them, and now that you lose you talking about how much you miss 'em?! lmao

na on the real though, I don't see how Big Z would even help 'em out. Gasol was dominating Ben Wallace and the Lakers Zone-Trap D just stopped all of Lebron's driving lanes(like I said would happen). You can tell Lebron didn't expect to see the Lakers play the physical defense they do. This Lakers team isn't a soft team like they were last year AND they have depth. Cavs just aren't as good as the Lakers.

And Kobe is gonna be fine. He's been playing with that injured finger since last season. It didn't bother him in the playoffs and it won't bother him the rest of the season.
    Z wouldnt have mattered?? what are you talking about. We needed the big man badly in that game.

LeBron got hacked all game and they didn't call nuthin, but thats what you have to expect in LA. There going to get all the calls.

But 11th yea, that was pretty great when the super team got swept. They tried to yankee the NBA and it exploded in their face.

Lebron took more free throws than Kobe. Lebron shot 8 free throws and Kobe only took 3. The refs weren't calling anything on BOTH ends.

Plus most of the time when Lebron tried to drive Bynum or Gasol would stand with their hands up. It was James creating most of the contact. Those aren't fouls. And the two late game steals by Ariza, you can see that Ariza got ALL ball on both of those steals. At game speed it did look like Lebron got hacked because he flailed his arms, but when they showed the replay you can see Ariza getting all ball.

Banned

Nah, dude got no calls all game. But like I said, its L.A. and the Lakers are going to get the whistles.
    Its all good, we'll see them again. Ariza and vuycijvicic don't scare me

haha...word. Re-match is gonna be good. I just checked the schedule and the re-match is gonna be Feb. 8 about three weeks away.

Wait till Ariza and Vujacic start hitting threes and locking everyone down...then you'll fear 'em.