Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hip Hop is not what it was BECAUSE.........

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    - Wheres thuh demonstration songs? Wheres thuh fuck da police, sound of da police, NWA/BDP anti police shit? Rappers dont talk shit about police no more, at a time when its been more RELEVENT than ever, niggas are too scared.

Scared.

ADD ON TO THE LIST
    .....HIPHOP is NOT what it was b/c of the vid clip u have in your "sig"......w. every so-called "MC" nowadays holding up there platinum chain in every picture, & showing off their medallion.
    when cats are more known for their chains / medallions than their MC skills, then u know the acopalypse is upon us.

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by pmack215 View Post
    .....HIPHOP is NOT what it was b/c of the vid clip u have in your "sig"......w. every so-called "MC" nowadays holding up there platinum chain in every picture, & showing off their medallion.
    when cats are more known for their chains / medallions than their MC skills, then u know the acopalypse is upon us.
    you obviously never heard a single Z-RO song in your life.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pmack215 View Post
    man,,,,,,,

idk where this came from

but Z ro is near enough the "realest" rapper to come along int he last 10 years. He doesnt rap about that bullshit, his lyrics are some of the most depressing known to man LOL. but real.

BECAUSE.. the internet

What hip hop lacks nowadays is variety in the mainstream. I hate commercial rap for the most part because it's so one sided, everything is about flossing and partying which is great and all because thats what young people like to do but hip hop used to reflect life and peoples lifestyles. You can't honestly sit there and tell me that 50 Cent's life is just one big party because the truth is, it isn't.

But lets say that political rap was the dominant rap topic of choice, again hip hop would still be lacking because of the lack of variety. I want to see a bit of everything when I switch to a hip hop channel because in real life it's not just one topic.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man