Thread: McG Talks Terminator Salvation Sequel

Default McG Talks Terminator Salvation Sequel

The re-launch of the Terminator film franchise is nearly here, with Terminator Salvation just weeks away. But already, the film's director McG is talking up his plans for the next movie in what appears to be a planned trilogy. Basically, McG wants to go back to the future.

While talking to Film Journal International, the director said that he wants to explore the Terminator universe prior to Judgment Day. That's a change of pace from the current film, which of course takes place after Skynet has taken over the world.

"I strongly suspect the next movie is going to take place in a [pre-Judgment Day] 2011," McG reveals. "John Connor is going to travel back in time and he's going to have to galvanize the militaries of the world for an impending Skynet invasion."

He adds that the Terminators of the future have "figured out time travel to the degree where they can send more than one naked entity. So you're going to have hunter killers and transports and harvesters and everything arriving in our time and Connor fighting back with conventional military warfare, which I think is going to be f*@king awesome."

Additionally, McG has plans for T2's Robert Patrick, saying that John Connor is going to meet a scientist who looks a lot like "present-day" Robert Patrick, "talking about stem-cell research and how we can all live as idealized, younger versions of ourselves."
    I don't quite know what to make of this, it seems like a cool concept but I don't like the idea of the war being moved to present day, I prefer they would just keep it in the war torn future.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

este sitio es una mierda drippie k's Avatar

they shouldn't mess with it that much..if anything they should keep it in the future where they discover the liquid metal terminators
    cash rules. still don't nothin move but the money

ya, the best ones^^

If you want to ruin a franchise, just ask McG to direct it. Oh wait, they already did that.

^^Well the jury is still out on that. Based on what has been shown in the trailers, all signs point to it being a kick ass movie.

Method Man

Charlie's Angels
    Charlie's Angels Full Throttle
    We Are Marshall

The trailers are all special effects, I don't see what that has to do with his direction....at all.

I hate all his movies too but this film doesn't look like it's heading in the same direction.

Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    I hate all his movies too but this film doesn't look like it's heading in the same direction.
    Whatever happens, one things for sure, the story won't make any sense, the plot will be paper thin, and the critics will hate it.

The concept sounds ill, I'll check it out.
    My new lifestyle brand -http://www.viberael.com @viberael

Banned

Jesus fucking christ, another great franchise that is about to be ruined. I don't see this going anywhere but fail street.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Urban's, Gigy's, Queen's, Roze's wildest dreams

What Cameron did with the first 2 movies was set a story, this happened, Reese was sent back, that happened, Arnie was sent back. I didn't hear anything about a war going on in the past before Judgement Day with Terminators and Robots from the future...Reese would've have mentioned it in the first one, Arnie in the second one. Why the hell would you do a fuckaround with that storyline? Ugh

But I would like to see the new one though

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
    New and Improved Cool List © : Everybody
    © The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved