Thread: Joe Dumars Should Be Fired

-

Default Joe Dumars Should Be Fired

Detroit Pistons suck since they got Iverson. Man they stink. Their record is 27-29. They'll probably lose tonight to Orlando. They play again Sunday against Boston on tv. I'm tired of seeing them being on tv lately. Michael Curry isn't a good coach. Why would Joe sign Kwame Brown? Hahahahaha. No other team wants his sorry ass LOL. Chauncey Billups should've never been traded and Flip Saunders should still be the coach.

Banned

Its was a smart move, and it was made because Dumars know that even with Billups, they probably still couldnt get past Boston, Cleveland and Orlando.

So he dumped Chauncey's salary, rented Iverson for a year and thats it. Granted, I dont think anyone thought they'd play this bad, but the trade was made for next year.

Cuz they probably won't bring back Rasheed, and lets face it, there window is officially shut. They had a nice run but its time for them to rebuild.

dont fire dumars, hes been a good GM for a while now, i have a feeling he panicked and made the trade, but then again they were 5-0 wen they traded chauncey, maybe they should have waited till they lost a few games, but it is time to tebuild, draft good like he always does and start fresh, its goin to be hard for me to say bye to sheed and rip tho, i believe they should keep prince their starting lineup mite look something like this in a few years if not next year
    stuckey
    afflalo
    prince
    maxiell
    johnson.

i hate michael curry as a coach, it looks like he doesnt do anything at all, they should have definitely kept flip, all he did was get them to the ECF twice and he gets thrown out a window from a high rise, matter of fact they should have kept larry brown, all he did was get them to the finals twice, now under curry the faggot they dont even have a winning record rite now, they should fire him and get terry porter, hes been with the team when they made runs, he would be a better coach for detroit than michael curry.

Dumars is one of the best GM's in the NBA. Like already stated, the Iverson trade was to experiment with Iverson and if that didn't work then they just let him walk at the end of the year. It's genius...They are gonna have ALOT of cap space to rebuild.

-

I don't agree about Joe should've let Chauncey go. Chauncey is a better point guard than Iverson and he got everybody involved on offense when he was there. Iverson does nothing but shoot a lot and he's never gotten a lot of assists. He's not that great of a defender. His field goal percentage has always been low because he takes a lot of bad shots. Like i said, Joe needs to be fired. He doesn't know what he's doing. I agree with Jasjit. LOL@you calling Michael Curry a faggot hahahahahahahaha.

Dumars knows what he's doing... you just don't know what you're talking about.

Although I do think it is Curry who fucked everything up. When you get a player like AI you HAVE to run your offense AROUND him. You can't plug him into your offense. That was the one thing that Curry fucked up on. If they would just give AI some more room to operate that team can become really fucking good, but Curry won't do that. He's gonna continue running those retarded sets that no one understands.

I could keep on going but...

http://www.emptythebench.com/2009/02...tons-slumping/

^^That article sums up perfectly why the Pistons suck this year.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

i still can't believe he fired Flip Saunders...

^ i knew it right when theylost in the ECF flip was gone, he probably knew it himself, today these guys played great, why dont they play like that more often, I guess playing with iverson in that lineup is harder, he should come off the bench/

-

Rode Block, Joe Dumars doesn't know what he's doing and i don't care if you disagree. His ass needs to be fired. I don't put the blame on Michael Curry's coaching for the terrible season they've been having. They've been winning lately but it won't last. They'll probably get eliminated in the first round of the playoffs and i wouldn't be surprised if Michael got fired. Getting rid of Chauncey and Flip Saunders was a terrible mistake.

^How does he not know what he's doing? When was the last time the Pistons missed the playoffs?

Getting rid of Flip wasn't a bad thing because Dumars brought him in to win a title(remember Larry Brown had 2 finals appearance with the same team Saunders coached)...and Flip failed to get to the finals over and over and over again.

And again, the AI trade was just an experiment. Since it didn't work out they're gonna have ALOT of money to go after big name Free Agents either this off season or in 2010.

This plan is genius, but it's obviously going over your head. Pistons weren't gonna win a title this year whether they had Billups or AI and everyone knew it. So Dumars trades Billups for an expiring contract. They basically rented AI for a year and after the year they have the money to sign ANY player they want PLUS they already have a young supporting cast.

More GM's should be like Dumars.

^ good post bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rode Block View Post
    ^How does he not know what he's doing? When was the last time the Pistons missed the playoffs?

Getting rid of Flip wasn't a bad thing because Dumars brought him in to win a title(remember Larry Brown had 2 finals appearance with the same team Saunders coached)...and Flip failed to get to the finals over and over and over again.

And again, the AI trade was just an experiment. Since it didn't work out they're gonna have ALOT of money to go after big name Free Agents either this off season or in 2010.

This plan is genius, but it's obviously going over your head. Pistons weren't gonna win a title this year whether they had Billups or AI and everyone knew it. So Dumars trades Billups for an expiring contract. They basically rented AI for a year and after the year they have the money to sign ANY player they want PLUS they already have a young supporting cast.

More GM's should be like Dumars.

Well said Rode Block, it's about cap space. That's all.

" Wu-Tang Clan ain't nuttin' ta f**k wit "

-

Well Joe Dumars has done it again. He hires a new coach who was a assistant with Cleveland and i've never heard of the guy hahahahahahaha. Joe obviously doesn't have a lot of patience with coaches. He interviewed Avery Johnson for the job also but Avery turned it down. I also heard Ben Gordon might be coming to Detroit which i think is a bad move because he should stay with the Bulls. Detroit isn't winning nothing for awhile.

Charles,
    Ben Gordon went to the Pistons like a week or so ago. lol

-

He's gonna find out that he should've stayed in Chicago LOL. Detroit isn't better than the Bulls.