Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: demonic possession and excorsism

if you (self/spirit/soul) does not actually reside in the flesh, but is anchored to the flesh, then it is within the realm of possibility for others to usurp you(self/soul/spirit) and take contoll of your meat puppet(flesh).

now if you believe that your flesh contains your spirit then cut off all your limbs and half your brain and replace your vitals with artificial organs and see if you are still yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowthrone View Post
    while I agree that possession, if real, shouldnt autimatically be attributed to THE devil (2000 years of indoctrination doesnt help though) but who's to say it isn't real or possible?

common sense says it isn't possible.

^ common sense says to stay away from evil, because fucked up things can happen to you.

my philosophy teacher told us a story, and there's only one answer to this story, he's a liar. he's a devout Christian, and lying is evil in Christianity, so that's something to think about.

basically he was helping his dad, who was a priest, with some baptisms/confirmations. his dad told him to watch out for one of the kids. there were two girls and a boy. the girls went through everything fine, but when they asked the boy to eat the bread of Jesus, in a dark and evil voice he yelled NO. apparently when a couple of his uncles came to try and hold him in place as he was going nuts, he threw them against the wall of the church with one arm.

finally they got the bread in his mouth and he calmed down, and everyone was feeling pretty relieved. but my philosophy teacher said he yelled to the kid, "wait... swallow it!", and then the kid starting freaking out, screaming and ran out of the church.