Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: gza is stupid for making a liquid swords 2

Quote Originally Posted by fortyglock View Post
    ^ Exactly. And if I'm correct, the last album that was FULLY produced by RZA was OB4CL. I left out Liquid Swords because it had BIBLE which was produced by 4th Disciple. So strictly speaking this is the first Wu General album since 1995 that is going to be fully produced by RZA. This really is HUGE news and it amazes me that already people are talking down on the album as though they have heard it already.
    not that it matter but the vinyl version of "Liquid Swords" doesn't have BIBLE. happy? not that one song rule it out from being a RZA produced album anyway, or 2 or 3 for that matter either - but "World According to RZA", "Afro Samurai II", "Ghost Dog" is 3 fully RZA produced album in between 2000-2010

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

^ True true, though I was thinking more along the lines of actual Clan/Wu General albums, leaving out soundtracks and such.

PRODIGAL SUN

I understand wher u comin from sun

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post
    i find it funny that the biggest wu haters on earth exist on the wu tang forums!!!!!!!!!!!

rza and gza say they gonna drop an album... and what do the wu loyalists do?!?!!?!?
    word i dont care what its called lol they can call it "RZA and GZA" lol thats all i need to know to be right on time

alcatraz, son cmon i know ure gona be checkin for this
    We do it for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ View Post
    what a stupid copy cat faggit... 1) nigga, u ain't gonna sell anywhere near what rae sold... 2) nigga, u only doin this cuz rae broke 100k, if he would've sold half that much gza wouldn't have even thought of this... 3) the music on the album will not be even remotely close to the first one, why ruin a legacy by naming it after a classic album... and 4) no more part 2's... seriously... raekwon gets a lil shine and now everyone wants to hop on the part 2 bandwagon... sorry gza fans but this is stuuuupid

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

whos mad at a RZA/GZA album? no one.

whos mad at a new GZA album? mostly no one.

But calling it Liquid Sword 2? Fuck that

In fact, opinion has changed QUIK in this forum because there was a thread not long ago, MOST people said calling it Liquid Swords 2 was a bad idea

In fact, the thread:
    http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1907993 with poll

PRODIGAL SUN

It's a fact that it won't be on the level of the first liquid swordz, a fact that must of us can't face.

after the sucess Rae had with "Ob4cl2" it's only RIGHT "Liquid Swords 2" is the next major Wu release. but after that no more sequels, but as i said before Cuban Linx and LS goes hand-in-hand. can't have one without the other

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Shaolin Master

I agree with the Franchise, only I think its not necessarily desperate, it just shows that Wu is close to being done, its just a nice little opportunity for GZA to get some albumsales.

At Jin10304: you obviously dont know shit.
    why do you think GZA has been touring basically non stop for the last 7 years? Out of pure enjoyment?? Have you even seen his performances decline to absolute energyless boredom in the last couple of years? Why do you think GZA tried to capitalize off the 50 thing by making a diss track.

GZA doesnt really give a fuck about hiphop anymore,...Indeed his albums dont sound commercial, because he is not dumb, he knows his little corner.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

just seems tacky to me. whatever. thats just my opinion. he can do what he wants, its his fucking album lol.

im not gonna hate on another man for getting that last pay day, he deserves to do what he likes after making the OG liquid swords. its a shame its come to this, 15 years later though, using the name to get a last pay day.

I still think rza IF he does produce it could surprise us with some half decent production. GZA though has just been terrible on the mic for some time.

unsubscribes to thread

i can't take the flood of abject stupidity in this thread...gza has been terrible on the mic for years and doesn't give a fuck about hiphop? jesus price. idiots.

PRODIGAL SUN

pro tools sucked, but beneath the surface, legend of the liquid swords and grandmasters to me were all very good albums and if he wants to make up for pro tools but trying his best to remake a classic then im all for it.
    CHAMBERMUSIK RECORDS/ CHAMBERMUSIK SPECIAL PRODUCTS DOES NOT ENDORSE ANYTHING SAID OR WRITTEN BY THIS MESSAGE BOARD USER NAME!!!

"Sign Of The Times" coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    unsubscribes to thread

i can't take the flood of abject stupidity in this thread...gza has been terrible on the mic for years and doesn't give a fuck about hiphop? jesus price. idiots.
    Bust open the cliche thread.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

cosign.

jesus.
    We do it for the people.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

unsubscribes to thread

exactly. Ya'll niggaz are straight clowns for this one. "Who said it's gonna be fully Rza produced" LOL nigga read a fucking interview. Ya'll niggaz never cease to amaze me.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.