Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Raekwon Calls Drake: "The male version of Lauryn Hill"

Break fast is served

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    I hope you're not serious. I guess we need KRS-ONE to state that Drake isn't pop and we will have some believers. Did I just read "Pop music is made for the masses"???? Wow. Nigga when Wu-Tang Forever dropped you think they just wanted NY to hear that album, Rza shoutouts overseas countries in the intro. that album was made to show the WORLD what real hip-hop is. Music made for the masses. I'm outta this thread..ya'll have fun in here lol ya'll niggaz take hatin to the next level on this site, why does this website attract people like this....lol
    How often are you going to use the word hating? Are boy bands not pop either nowadays?

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    do you guys have down syndrome? if i didnt like the guys music..i would just say that..pop is music made for the masses..always following the same format...the stuff that little teen girls buy..hip hop is rated R..hip hop is something street..you may not have to be from the "street" to be hip hop..but either you know whats up with certain principles..and you show that in your way of life and music...i go to these hip hop sites who promote artists like Raekwon, Ghostface, Meth, Beanie Sigel, Eminem, Jay Z...etc..and everytime oi go there..i drake gettin mentioned like hes in the same fuckin category..THERE NEEDS TO BE SOME WEIGHT CLASSES IN THIS SHIT

ill even go as far to say Drake..makes pretty good music..if im with my girl..or at a club or some shit..thats like R&B. I can play a drake song and itll prolly fit the mood..

but he IS NOT hip hop..

also...artist who do represent hip hop..can make pop songs..example BUSTA RHYMES

anyone who doesnt understand needs to stop responding
    Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    Homophobic weirdo? K u guys are lost...does nobody know what hip hop is anymore?
    I guess not..just cuz a dude can rhyme over a beat and drop lil punchlines he's considered hip hop..people like u are the reason this get so misconstrued..anyone have the source article with ghost Rae and meth on the cover? If u do...please post the interview..it has meth saying the same thing that I am..music needs to be classified in the correct category to protect the image and principles of the culture...saying "just cuz he ain't rhymin about killing people doesn't mean he ain't hip hop" is totally missing the point..if u don't get what I'm saying by now by reading my other posts...you'll never get it..wanna know why albums like wu massacre and reflection eternal and other great albums don't get the shine and attention they deserve? Beacaue there's fraudulent hip hop taking it's place in the category..how can u say drakes album and ob4cl2 is the same genre of music?
    Let's say they are...is there any chance of cl2 winning hip hop album of the year when drakes album just sold close to a mil? No
    Can drakes album even hang with raes lyrically or production wise? No IMO. Media won't even mention drakes album in the same sentence as cl2 so why should the underground or hip hop fans worldwide see drake in the same picture as dudes who put it down for real....no hate to mr Aubrey Graham...just stop bein so fruity..learn how to flow anlil differently at times..learn to freestyle without a blackberry..stop usin auto tune on every damn song..then maybe u can be mentioned along side cats like andre 3000 and lauryn hill..no disrespect to Rae...he just gave him too much credit IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by graveyard_shifter View Post
    we all know raekwon just said that to sound politically correct and get in good with the pop fanbase,i dont think he really believes that shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice Box View Post
    ^word, Rae probably ain't tryin to lose supporters or make enemies in the industry at this point in his career

not to say he ain't really feelin Drake, but he's just bein diplomatic here, stayin positive, which you can't really hate on, imo

and @ Pandemic & Hollow Dartz, if y'all would quit blowin each other long enough to go and peep the countless hybrids of musical styles throughout history, you might learn that Drake is nothing if not a pop-rapper. pop music is literally popular music, which I've never taken to mean any music that happens to become popular, but music that is tailor made to become popular. catering to what the masses want, in other words. even if the music he's doing is hiphop, it can be considered pop as well.

here, I'm not making this up: http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg...1:fifoxqrrldde

^Drake's profile on allmusic, the closest thing to a music review website that doesn't suck, says his primary style of music is "Pop Rap." I didn't even check before I started typing this, I just knew any unbiased music listener would agree. once again y'all are just bein contrary, nitpicking what OP's saying when you already know the point he's tryin to make. I don't even completely agree with OP, but I still understand what he's tryin to say.

'lol, he does rap music, he ain't pop' - but lady gaga technically does dance music, yet you don't hesitate to call her pop?

trying to classify an artist is gay anyway, like if Drake is pop you're not allowed to like his music? who fucking cares what ppl classify him as? if you like it, play it, if you don't, then don't. simple solution to your whole problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    come on now, Drake is OBVIOUSLY pop - that isn't necesarily a bad thing, even Eminem's latest album balances between hip-hop and pop music. you need to realize that pop (popular) music is always changing, the pop music today doesn't sound like the pop music of 2003 or 1999. today R&B and hip-hop influenced music that's been microwaved and made to cater to the masses is the POP MUSIC of today. it can't really be argued.

lol thank you. jesus christ.

I cant believe we even have to explasin it like this lol i thought it was common knowledge

sheesh.

lady gaga and drake are both pop. the nigga "raps", if u want to call what he does rapping, and the bitch sings. at the end of the day, its both pop.

i told yall to show us how drake is different from lady gaga and niggas still aint do it. avoiding the thread and shit.

niggas need to check their heads for the definition of pop.

i think thats were the confusion is.

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard_shifter View Post
    i totally agree here,man sometimes i shake my head watching some KRS interviews u can just see the desperation in the man to be accepted by the masses today,he be saying some ridiculous shit,giving ass rappers props and claiming they bringing the game back etc lmao, like prodigy did when he said soljaboi was dope

just goes to show u how real some of these rappers are,they cant even state an honest opinion,same dudes years ago were shitting on these type of rappers and how they killing the industry,all of a sudden,theyre changing hip hop for the better,gtfoh
    ^ cosign to the fullest my brother.

hence why my first post was "they dont make brothers liek they used to"

drake nigga?

gtfo. i cant even believe men let alone niggas listen to that shit.
    We do it for the people.

Wu-Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    lol thank you. jesus christ.

I cant believe we even have to explasin it like this lol i thought it was common knowledge

sheesh.

lady gaga and drake are both pop. the nigga "raps", if u want to call what he does rapping, and the bitch sings. at the end of the day, its both pop.

i told yall to show us how drake is different from lady gaga and niggas still aint do it. avoiding the thread and shit.

niggas need to check their heads for the definition of pop.

i think thats were the confusion is.

^ cosign to the fullest my brother.

hence why my first post was "they dont make brothers liek they used to"

drake nigga?

gtfo. i cant even believe men let alone niggas listen to that shit.
    Good to know at least SOME people know what's up

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/2737728

Wu Tang aint hip hop..

they dont sound like Grandmaster Flash & Furious Five..

wow i think Rae needs his hearing checked, drake is wack! J.Cole owns him
    "Read the sign hip-hoppers"