Thread: slow wu-news day story: Beretta 9 uses vegan soap

Banned

Default slow wu-news day story: Beretta 9 uses vegan soap

Indianapolis woman finds success with soap company

Indianapolis - An Indianapolis woman turned a family's past necessity into a career that cleans the body and fills her spirit.

"I had a lady suggest that I do a potato soap," said Misty Al-Eryani.

It may be a while before Al-Eryani makes that one for you to lather up with, but you can count on the 47 varieties and counting that have quickly made her soap company a househould name.

"It's not your average grandma's handcrafted soap," she said.

Her company is called Curat, a Romanian word that means clean.

"Everything looks manly and looks third-worldish. Like you're in the mountains somewhere. You can imagine someone telling you oh, you want some soap, here, have this," she said.

This full-time editorial makeup artist for magazines and celebrities was forced to parlay her creative flair into a new money making venture after a recent divorce and a downturn in the fashion industry. She dug deep into the past through a dream.

"My aunt came to me and said for me to make soap," said El-Eryani.

She remebers her aunt's old-school recipe.

"They would actually render the fat and cook it. Oh, it was a horrible thing. I hated watching them make that soap. I hated using that soap. It had no smell to it," she said.

Al-Eryani has modified the recipe by adding some new ingredients.

"We have peppermint, we have some lavender, and we have some black pepper."

Those ingredients make her newest creation called "Evening Special Edition."

She pours into her molds inspiration from just about anything.

"Let's say Dukes of Hazard television show. I say, okay. Orange. General Lee is like orange, I say, okay. Orange peel. And then for a scent whatever she wears Daisy Duke's shorts, I'll put something sexy in it, like paprika and red chili powder and then for a scent I'll put something like a rum or a sandalwood," she explained.

The soap sits for a couple of hours and then her three daughters pitch in from cutting, to wrapping, and sealing it with the star of approval, she says, represents personal success.

She believes her hard work and determination are lessons she learned from her parents and are now handing down to her daughters.

"I think it's teaching them lessons that they can do things independently. That they don't have to be part of the corporate wheel," she said.

Instead, they're suppliers within the corporate structure and Curat is gaining national acclaim.

"Leanne Rimes comes to mind, she was my first celebrity. Wu Tang Clan, Kinetic receives my soap. I just sent off a big batch of soap to my friend George Ortiz, he's the head of the hair dept at Project Runway."

And you can find Curat on local store shelves with home grown ingredients.

"Good Earth Foods, I use them for essential oils, herbs. Even if I can find it cheaper online, I'd rather support the local community because that's how we're going to bounce back from this recession, if we support each other."

Al-Eryani recommends when the going gets tough, wash yourself with an ounce of confidence.

"How many of us really really finish something and finish it well? And this soap has taught me to finish something darn well. So no, you don't give up. Even when you're sick and tired. Never underestimate yourself."

Jamal Arief

Lol. As if the average person who is interested in such products knows who "Wu-Tang Clan, Kinetic" is.

Anyway, free publicity I guess. Even better if it reaches people who haven't heard of him (yet). And I could imagine these vegan/eco product dudes form a tight community supporting each other. Plus, people who have the extra dough to buy these kinds of products probably WON'T download shit. Instead they will buy his al... erm... I mean mixtape!

Seriously though, why hasn't K9 released an album yet? It seems like hanging around RZA too much is the best way NOT to release an album... On the other hand, that feature artist / RZA assistant job apparently pays off rather well.

@Art: How do you even find such stuff? Do you have some kind of bot which constantly screens the Google index for Wu artists?

Peace.

Banned

haha, this is my favorite wu-news i posted since i reported that method man cancelled his newspaper subscription. hahahahaha

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74631