Thread: Why do collector's editions fucking suck?

Default Why do collector's editions fucking suck?

Why do ppl even buy some of the bs they put in collectors editions. its always shit like action figures and playin cards and shit. like the dead space 2 comes with a toy gun, the soundtrack and artwork for 20 dollars more. That shit is a ripoff and yet ppl still buy that nerd shit. i mean if u a grown ass man you shouldn't be messin wit toys like that. Doom 3 was the only collectors edition i bought because it came with the original games.

thats just my opinion tho, if anybody plays wit toys i aint tryin to send you. but anyways anybody bought a collectors edition and was it worth it?

^^^^^^^yea thats wat im sayin, shits a waste of money to me unless it has extra game content or somethin. but im not payin more than 10 for a collectors and it better have a lot of shit wit it

The only 2 collectors edition that i've ever bought are MGS4 Guns Of The Patriots, because it included the OST and a behind the scenes DVD. The other is Marvel VS Capcom 3(pre-Order), because it included 2 more characters and one month free subscription of Marvel Digital Comics. I consider these to be worth it, because they were to my interest.

I agree with what you said most are just rip off and people get suckered in. I don't get what's the fun of Action Figures either, but people actually collect those and they made a hobby out of it.
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

yea i saw that mvc3 had that digital comics thing. i know ppl are into that. shit i would be into comics too always liked em i just wouldn't know where to even start

because they want the extra stuff that comes with the game? aint nothing wrong with collecting plus people resell it on ebay/craigslist/amazon overpriced and make a profit out of it.

some of the stuff that comes with the games can be cool and some can be useless.

pick a superhero you like and roll with that.

I'll buy the collector's edition if it's not too much extra (£5-£10) but any more than that then I won't bother. I do want the GT5 version though

* Gran Turismo 5 game
    * Exclusive limited edition Kyosho designed 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V
    * In-depth 300-page car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital
    * Custom etched Gran Turismo key chain
    * Voucher for 5 downloadable exclusive high-end cars with custom livery and performance upgrades
    * Numbered certificate of authenticity
    * Custom collector's packaging

http://www.amazon.com/Gran-Turismo-5.../dp/B003O6HEKQ

I stopped buying that stuff a while ago. It's all collecting dust now. I don't have a lot of them though.

Only reason to get one is if they're the same price as the standard game or maybe a little more for some dope content.

Paying €40 more while you could buy another game for that money is stupid imo.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinsword View Post
    I'll buy the collector's edition if it's not too much extra (£5-£10) but any more than that then I won't bother. I do want the GT5 version though

* Gran Turismo 5 game
    * Exclusive limited edition Kyosho designed 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V
    * In-depth 300-page car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital
    * Voucher for 5 downloadable exclusive high-end cars with custom livery and performance upgrades

Now that ain't bad at all. If I didn't have forza i might copped that

Quote Originally Posted by Rama View Post
    I stopped buying that stuff a while ago. It's all collecting dust now. I don't have a lot of them though.

Only reason to get one is if they're the same price as the standard game or maybe a little more for some dope content.

Paying €40 more while you could buy another game for that money is stupid imo.
    lmao word exactly perfect example the Halo 3 helmet haha

if ur into that collectors stuff then thats fine each to their own but id rather buy another game if im paying alot more.

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinsword View Post

* Gran Turismo 5 game

Man! that looks super nice specially the "In-depth 300-page car-lover’s guide". I stopped playing Gran Turismo since GT3 A-Spec, Im reconsidering to get back at this series again but not sure yet.
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

i always buy the collectors shit.. and then dont even look at it..

Poet Of The Streets

Shit it's pick and choose with CE's. I got Bioshock 2 CE, worth it. High quality art book, original Bioshock score on cd and Bioshock 2 score on vinyl. I got DS2 and LBP2 CE's on the way for $60 a piece, couldn't pass that up. I won't lie the DS2 woulda drained my wallet if necessary. I'm a hood geek when it comes to games.

Collector's editions for the most part are a bunch of bullshit. I bought Batman Arkham Asylum CE (waste of fucking money) and Street Fighter IV CE (Not worth the extra price).

Only CE that I got which in my opinion was worth getting was Blazblue which actually came with a blu-ray video guide of how to play the game.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I have the collector's edition of Scarfaceorld Is Yours for Playstation 2; it came with a printed world map, hints and tips, concept art and a d.v.d. with documentary Making Of, cast videos, interviews and a game walkthrough with producer commentary.