Thread: Method Man On Wu-Tang Clan Lineups At Performances, Working With Dr. Dre

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Default Method Man On Wu-Tang Clan Lineups At Performances, Working With Dr. Dre

Method Man On Wu-Tang Clan Lineups At Performances, Working With Dr. Dre

by Steven J. Horowitz

Meth says that his collabo with Dre never made it out, but he wouldn't mind working with him again.

Method Man has been a staple in Wu-Tang Clan's live performances, but often times not all members are able to commit to the shows. Speaking with MTV RapFix Live's Sway Calloway, Johnny Blaze explained that other obligations like movies prevent the group from joining forces as a unit.

"Certain individuals who have raised their level a little bit higher than what the rest of the Clan members were, had other obligations at times," he said. "Like this last [European] tour, RZA had a movie, he was doing his movie and he couldn’t make it out because when they lock you in, you’re locked in. a few times myself, I had movies and obligations, things like that."

Meth, who is set to star in the upcoming films The Sitter and Red Tails, also touched on his collaboration with Dr. Dre in 2002, explaining that while the West Coast veteran must not have been feeling their track together, he wouldn't mind linking up with him again.

"You gotta ask Dre. That night, I was in the studio with him, and Dre, he different. He like you to come in, be ready to go," he said. "That’s why I give a lot of credit to Xzibit, because Xzibit will go in there one take and he’s done. I got a little bit too blowed, and Dre was, ‘OK, I want you to rhyme here but then I want you to talk here but then come back into the rhyme in the middle.’ I was like, ‘Aight Dre, you got it.’ It was like five in the morning by that time. I just said, you know what? I’m going to lay this down and if he like it, he like it. And I guess not, because I ain’t never heard the song. And I ain’t heard from Dre since. But I’d definitely work with Dre."

Source + video - http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...ng-with-dr-dre

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Dr. Dre got a banger sitting around with Xzibit & Method Man on it that the world will never hear because he's so parnoid that if he drops one song, 90% of the world loves it, Dre will go online, find the few people who are not feeling it, pay more attention to them, scrap the entire project and start all over again

Dre got 20 diffrent versions of Detox ready to go, but everytime a track leaks and it doesnt get a glowing 5 star "This is gonna change the world" review from everybody in the world, he fires everybody and starts over

Dudes a prisoner of his own success

Quote Originally Posted by OntheHorizon View Post
    Dre got 20 diffrent versions of Detox ready to go, but everytime a track leaks and it doesnt get a glowing 5 star "This is gonna change the world" review from everybody in the world, he fires everybody and starts over

Dudes a prisoner of his own success
    I went to a Warren G show a couple of weeks ago. He was on the mic saying "support Detox when it's out, it's coming soon". I swear he looked like he was ready to bust out laughing as he was saying it because he knows it's a joke.

On topic, I would really like to hear that Meth track.

este sitio es una mierda drippie k's Avatar

man...fuck dr. dre..yeah i said it
    cash rules. still don't nothin move but the money

PRODIGAL SUN

^ I agree

40s n blunts kid......

Lol Dre lol

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

I imagine it sounding something like this but with more horns...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

dre is a loser

I'm back in the game, Smackin ya brain, Clappin dem things, Accurate aim, Snatching ya chain, Get back on the train, Traficking things, Package ya caine, Crack is the name, Sean is a rapper, But rappin is lame

Quote Originally Posted by OntheHorizon View Post

hahaha