Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Method Man Breaks Down His 25 Most Essential Songs

^ and also Lady Of Rage was featured on the original version.. she and Deck was the one who had to get cut because of time issues, i really hope the og version leak one day (not the blend)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by djskillz View Post
    i was under the impression that pac was in the studio with them. originally it was a dogg pound track featuring meth, red and inspectah deck. once pac signed to death row they gave him the track.
    you didn't know that? yeah Pac took Decks verse off

^ i was under the impression 2pac was there in the studio with them. meth didn't even meet 2pac at the time it was originally made. that's why he thought 2pac jacked the dogg pound track when he heard it.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

the most occuring thing about this article i like his Meths confirmation that rza mentored and took him under his wing and helped make most of his career, now thats a dope way to pay hommage

PRODIGAL SUN

“Then this one [rapper] came through. I’m not gonna say his name because it’s not good and shit. He don’t really speak to me at social gatherings but he felt like he should speak to me that day. Who the fuck knows, maybe it’s because he felt uncomfortable being on the West Coast and shit.

“He spoke to me this day with like six fucking bodyguards around. [That was] fucking uncomfortable. I’m standing next to this nigga and all these fucking people looking and shit. I can feel the eyeballs, but I don’t think he feels shit. I’m like, ‘Man, this ain’t my fucking scene right here.’
    I'm curious as fuck to know who he's talking about... Rapper from the East Coast who I think would've been part of the so-called "East-Coast-West-Coast beef," with many security guards......... Who can it be?

Jamal Arief

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    i think Method Man arranged and prooduced the song in the way that he had the vision, knew how he wanted it to sound and told 4th. 4th Disciple probably programmed it, flipped the samples and handled all the technical shit with maybe Meth laying down the keyboards part as you say. if this is the case they should share the production credit... 4th is credited as co-producer of the song.

i'm listening to "Tical 2000" right now, i always liked this album and never understood how alot of magazines and even fans were hating on this. how the hell is T2 a 2/5 album?? it doesn't make any sense to me... Meth spits HEAT and the production is heavy as hell, you got RZA, True, 4th, Math, Havoc, Erick Sermon and Trackmasters. in 1998 you couldn't make a wack album with these guys, especially not someone as talented as Method Man. Street really knocked out his parts too. it would have been nice to read a little about some songs on that album but dope article nontheless.
    I agree. T2000 was nice!

About the beat: Yeah, something like that. You can check out the interview here: http://radio.chambermusik.com/4thdiscipleinterview.mp3

It's definitely worth checking out. Lots of insights. And it's funny too!

Peace.

Jamal: i actually listened to that interview yesterday after someone mentioned a 4th interview w. Chamber Music and i agree it was very interesting.. also had me laughing several times, 4th Disciple is really funny to listen to.. an interesting part was that 4th said the only track he produced that he didn't get the proper credit for was "Judgement Day" (which he got writing and co-producer cred for though), most other Wu producers i've heard in interview usually say that their been a few mix ups.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

“Then this one [rapper] came through. I’m not gonna say his name because it’s not good and shit. He don’t really speak to me at social gatherings but he felt like he should speak to me that day. Who the fuck knows, maybe it’s because he felt uncomfortable being on the West Coast and shit.

“He spoke to me this day with like six fucking bodyguards around. [That was] fucking uncomfortable. I’m standing next to this nigga and all these fucking people looking and shit. I can feel the eyeballs, but I don’t think he feels shit. I’m like, ‘Man, this ain’t my fucking scene right here.’
    Quote Originally Posted by Sham-iLL View Post
    I'm curious as fuck to know who he's talking about... Rapper from the East Coast who I think would've been part of the so-called "East-Coast-West-Coast beef," with many security guards......... Who can it be?
    Sounds like Puff or Jay-Z

tical 2000 was def a dope album

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by HAQ View Post
    Sounds like Puff or Jay-Z
    It's not Puffy cuz he says that it's not someone he talks to at social gatherings, and he mentioned Puffy earlier on in the interview, later on as well,

... but Jay-Z on the other hand. that could be possible. but the thing is, this is Jay-Z pre-Reasonable Doubt, why would he even care if most ppl didn't care for him since he wasn't really popping yet. Yeah I know he was on L's album, Kane's album, rolled with Jaz, and other shit... but I don't think anyone gave a fuck about Jay back then and I don't think Jay would approach Meth & talk to him. It had to be someone big at that time period.

However, I can't think of anyone else that could've done that shit... Jay-Z sounds like the type to do that

The red bull vid and this list were dope and made me think [Wu-Corp Cliche Time] RZA needs to produce some more solo albums for Meth, Ghost, GZA etc.

Damn this was a good read!! Good looking on this!!
    A million strands of spider webs weaved to make my vest
    Chi energy compacted deep within my inner chest
    One touch of my eagle claw clutch, rips your guts, brass head kill you fast with rapid head buts, ninja spying, the ammo flying, the steel iron blow a nigga neck from his head like dandelions

^ i was under the impression 2pac was there in the studio with them. meth didn't even meet 2pac at the time it was originally made. that's why he thought 2pac jacked the dogg pound track when he heard it.
    when they released those unreleased death row tracks a couple of years ago they released the original with deck on it someone at death row was explaining each song they said that 2pac took Deck verse of the final cut

tical 2000 was great. my only problem was the skits. i understand that it was popular at the time though. the actual music was great. some of meth's best songs are from that album.
    I agree with what you're sayin' about the skits... this could quite easily have been an 18 track album if most of the skits were taken out.

And yeah it was very popular when it first came out, it sold 411,000 copies in its firsy week. I think the only Wu album thats had higher first week sales was Wu-Forever.

I love this album, True Master fuckin' bodied it!! I remember reading an interview with True before and he said Def Jam literally offered him a deal and anything he wanted after hearing his work on T2, but True never really followed it up!! Dumb move career wise, True could have had joints on alsorts of Def Jam releases from '98 onwards. Could have been alot bigger name now had he taken that deal.

Peace!