Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Black College Graduates Are Having A Hard Time Finding A Job

Veteran Member

Ya, game the system. Use Affirmative action if you have to. You already have some solid advice on here.

Hey Tectrus was it a degree in Geology you did? are you still struggling for work ?

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Demon View Post
    Hey Tectrus was it a degree in Geology you did? are you still struggling for work ?
    Yes. No, I found a job back in January 2012. I'm doing well, actually. Detroit has a very messed up unemployment rate. Thankfully, I have a degree and work experience because some don't have experience nor a Bachelor's degree.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

every one where they at

we can be dissatisfied with where we are in life and believe that we deserve better

but you'll only get better when you do better -

too many people believe that they should be a boss - but they don''t do what bosses do or think the way bosses think - if they were put in a bosses position, they'd most likely lose their lives - it's all about knowing your place and being happy with yourself with what you got - and if you want more, do more to get more -

many believed that by being able to say that they went to college, this would automatically get them accepted in corporate america with out them doing the work - if you are an incompetent, inconsiderate, lazy movaphuka with out a degree, with a degree, you'll be the same person

{>____<}

^Yeah. One can be book smart but without life skills, people skills, working in a team, and to be able to think for yourself, he/she will fail unless that person has a good network of friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    Yes. No, I found a job back in January 2012. I'm doing well, actually. Detroit has a very messed up unemployment rate. Thankfully, I have a degree and work experience because some don't have experience nor a Bachelor's degree.
    fair game to you, i was gonna say ud have to branch out elsewhere in the country for such a specific degree even abroad.