Thread: No God of War fans up in here????

Banned

Default No God of War fans up in here????

The fuck?!

Im just gettin into the series myself. I cant believe how amazing this game is & looks. Ive been missing out. The new game looks crazy.

Griselda Dinner Plates Brick Thunderbird's Avatar

Never really got into these joints. Played a couple of them and didn't finish either one.
    "Return to earth as a person, only to see you mouse niggas running from the serpent" - Jus Allah

Banned

^ play ALL of them.......the best storyline to a game E-V-E-R hands down.... especially if you're into the whole greek mythology stuff, but I recommend. They even transferred the ps2 (GOW I and II) and psp games (Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta) to PS3 with Blue-Ray.

Get them.......play all of them one after the other........it is well worth it, especially GOW III

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

kratos is that nigga. big fan! cant wait til this drops

Banned

fuck yea....although kinda pissed it's another prequel; I wanted to know the aftermath of GOW III; they said it was the END, but ended it with another cliff-hanger.......bastards.

But that online play? Looks fucking ill.

^ LOOK AT THAT! THAT IS FUCKING AWESOME RIGHT THERE!

^ FUCK YES! ANy who can't get into this game is like someone who can't get into pussy, lol

>

Im a big fan of GOW, i've completed all of them including the psp games. I need to pick up those HD collections for PS3 and yes I am looking forward for the next installment.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

ye the new GOW looks awesome, im sure it wont disappoint

but i thought i read they were going with a whole new story/character?

Banned

^ Yea, it was a possibility, but they didn't confirm anything. If you watch the ending to GOW III after the credits(SPOILER ALERT!)

You see a trail of blood where Kratos was lying after getting stabbed by the Blade of Olympus, where clearly Kratos survived the death-blow.

I'm not sure if they decided to do a prequel to keep the hype alive for GOW fans, or because they really have absolutely no idea which direction to take the series in, with or without Kratos as the main protagonist.

I think it'd be a bold move not to include Kratos, I mean history has made it clear that fans don't like "change" to their beloved star characters; best examples:

Halloween series: (horror movie not a game I know) but just to reference this, after John carpenter's Halloween I, and II, they were going to make the Halloween "franchise" go in a direction, where every Halloween movie would have a different storyline unrelated to the previous, and contiue the franchise in that manner. Well Halloween III bombed after not including Michael Myers, and people demanded it go back to the original format, which it did and revived the series al2gether.

Metal Gear Solid 2: You were onyl Solid Snake for the "Intro" and the rest of the time you were Raiden.........I myself can say this was an utter piss off as you cannot replace Solid Snake.........e-v-e-r.

Resistance (Fall of Man) 3: They killed off Nathan Hale in the 2nd one, and you assumed the role of the guy who "offed" him at the ending of the 2nd one........not a lot of people were impressed with that, including myself.....Hale was bad-ass, like Nathan Hale to the resistance series was what Marcus Phenix is to Gears of War....

I guess there's the POSSIBILITY of creating a new character to assume the lead role of God of War, but I guess we'll have to wait and see....

Quote Originally Posted by KATO View Post
    ^ play ALL of them.......the best storyline to a game E-V-E-R hands down.... especially if you're into the whole greek mythology stuff, but I recommend. They even transferred the ps2 (GOW I and II) and psp games (Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta) to PS3 with Blue-Ray.

Get them.......play all of them one after the other........it is well worth it, especially GOW III
    While God of War I and II are classics, they don't have the best storyline in a game ever. Metal Gear Solid, the old Zelda and Castlevania games have better storylines. It's one of my greatest game experiences though, the combat system isn't the best out out there but that doesn't matter. It's the whole package, a great storyline about Zeus and the other gods, Krator' vengeance, the graphics, the environments, the puzzles, everything is great about this game.

God of War I and II both are arguably the greatest PS2 games.

I thought God of War III was underrated, the puzzles were easier but the boss battles were amazing and the graphics were better.