Thread: Political question

Default Political question

this question is for those who actually understand the government, if you dont, just leave now, its over your head

do you think the federal government had the responsibility to evacuate the citizens from new orleans before the hurricane hit? No matter the color of the people, should they have evacuated the people or do you think that was the states, and on a smaller scale the mayor, responsibilty? Im talking about state and federal rights and the infringement on states rights by the federal government. Would it have been a violation of the constitution for the federal government to assume control or do you think that in the case of an impending emergency, like the hurricane coming for new orleans, the federal government can assume control? This isnt speciically about new orleans so leave race and all that out of it, im talking about impending disasters in general and using katrina and new orleans as an example.

Default Re: Political question

government is not to be understood

unless you understand that it makes no sense
    all the points have been made

i guess i should have made a thread about how black people are better then white people...

PHI.1.618

I was in Puerto Rico when George hit ( category 5 ) and take it from me, it's nothing you want to be in but lets leave that for another thread. Anyways, I believe that it's your own responsibility to be prepared for you & for your fams sake, You shouldn't be waiting for the Government when the hurricane is 2-3 days away.

Veteran Member

I think that they had the responsibility because thats what they're paid for. Frankly, if your disaster plan is "Wait to be saved", you're fucking up. However, if you're taking people's tax money to go save the day, you need to save the damn day.

undefeatable

It's the states responsibilty to conduct and regulate the evacuations. Federal Government, in our democracy, should never be allowed to assume control of any state government, unless the state relinquishes it's power over to the government (which could happen in an extreme case, but is unlikely). It would be the Fed. Gov.'s role to give aid and to assist in the rescue procedures.

They did evacuate. They moved people from their homes into the domes. That was their evacuation... For real where were they suppose to move everyone? The problem was the federal government's lack of help for the people in the domes in terms of food and water and that kind of stuff.

Banned

wow, i never thought anyone would respond to this thread. I dont remember what the point of this thread when i made it was but it was something about people being stupid for just saying "GEORGEBUSHHATESBLACKPPLHEDIDNTEVACUATETHEM" when if you brought state and federal responsibility and rights into the discussion they would look like total hypocrites for blaming bush when they should be blaming the louisiana state government

I agree. The local, state, and federal governments are kind of bad at communication. As far as cops go, it seems they always are on the same page with law enforcement. FEMA though is a federal department. FEMA should of notified more promptly and sincerely that it is vital that the delta hit the road quick. It is more of the aftermath that is pointing fingers at Bush. This is understandable. Why not lend a hardy and helping hand??? Why not supply a place for the traumatized children??? But nature has us all beat when it comes to the power to control between our palms.
    Also, who wants to start the battle about free will. Staying or Leaving.
    The only solution is hover car airspace.
    I know I want my tax dollars to go toward feeding, clothing, and sheltering all those people no matter who they be. I also want the difference to go toward constructing the states natural security. There needs not to be 9/11 fundraisers still going on today, are they kidding us?!!?!
    That money could be gathered in a year if not less. The Tsunami fundraisers need not to still be in effect. #1 the worth of American green, #2 The U.S. releif statutes need to front out the money it claims to have provide, #3 that could be cleared up in no time also.

Can't wait til the youth is in power. Taxed weed with a legal underground market, the interest to stop all forms of communism inside the U.S., reparations DAMNIT!!!, FREE HEALTHCARE like the humble in Canada, schools like you wouldn't believe, and fish dock with CHEAP CRABS!!!!!
    It can only get better if not meant to end.

I feel everyone dropped the ball in the Katrina relief efforts..being that I am a great believer in empowerment, and black first and foremost, I hope my people understand that when things get real, you have to saviorself!!!!!! Instead of spending money foolishly, get those generators, those rations, those staples man...then get all the extra.....when things get bad, and the people who are supposed to drive the buses and man the pumps or whatever wanna get the hell out of dodge you gonna have to man up and do for delf!!!! As far as the govts role...man I gave up thinking they would lend a hand to the lower classes(black, white, whatever) a long time ago!!