Thread: Why Did Spike Lee Call Arsenio Hall A Uncle Tom?

-

Default Why Did Spike Lee Call Arsenio Hall A Uncle Tom?

I was watching a old interview with Arsenio on CNN when Don Lemon talked to him about returning to tv to have a talk show. Arsenio said that Spike called him a uncle tom but he didn't say why. Anybody know why? Spike always trying to start some controversy. Arsenio ain't no damn uncle tom. I would like for Spike to tell me any white talk show host who has a lot of black celebrities on their show. Please tell me that Spike because Arsenio is the only black talk show host who has a lot of black celebrities on his show who haven't gotten exposure on white talk shows. In case Spike hasn't realized this, Arsenio has to make his white boss happy so he can stay on tv because his white boss signs his paycheck. I'm sure Arsenio isn't a asskisser because i know his white boss didn't want rappers on his show and he had them on there. Arsenio i heard was fired the first time his talk show was on because he was gonna have minister Farrakhan on there.

Spike Lee always wanna talk shit about people and i usually agree with the stuff he says on different issues but i don't hear him talking about why he's done shitty movies the last several years hahahahahahahahaha. Now he has to ask strangers for money so he can make movies because movie companies i guess aren't giving him money because his movies aren't making money. His last movie Oldboy shouldn't have been made LOL. I think Summer Of Sam was his last good movie. Mira Sorvino and Jennifer Esposito were hot in that. John Leguizamo was a idiot for cheating on Mira.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

The reason his show was canceled was cause the ratings got lower. The last straw was when he had old geezer Farakhan on and he gave Farakhan the whole time slot to talk, even though other guests were supposed to be on during that episode.

-

What is Kickstarter intended for? Spike Lee needs to stop complaining about the movie industry being racist and realize that his time is done. Nobody wants to see his movies anymore. It's sad that there's only a handful of black movie directors left when there was a lot of them in the 80's and 90's.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

It's intended for people who aren't established to get funding for their projects because other means are either unavailable or inaccessible to them. If you're already a celebrity or have cash and connections, you need to fuck off.

PRODIGAL SUN

It's sad that there's only a handful of black movie directors left when there was a lot of them in the 80's and 90's.
    You have a good point there. I scanned the last 500 movies I've seen and only came up with the following black directors.

I don't think it helps that a lot of aging baby boomer actors and high-profile actors are getting into directing, rather than acting roles. It seems Hollywood would rather back those directors where they can make revenue off of the actor's name alone. ie. Clint Eastwood, Sean Penn, Ed Harris, Ben Affleck, Mark Wahlberg, Ben Stiller, Sylvester Stallone, Kevin Costner, George Clooney, Billy Bob Thorton, Tim Robbins, Steve Buscemi, Tommy Lee Jones, etc. Why they are all white, who knows.

-

LOL@Dr Simon Hurt. I agree with that. Spike should have enough money to make movies since he's been directing a long time. Yeah Madchild i don't know why black actors aren't taking a interest in directing because like the white actors you named, they're directing movies. Denzel Washington directed 2 movies which were Antwone Fisher and The Great Debaters and those are good movies. I guess a lot of black actors aren't interested in directing.

And yet..spike is the one guy who started the whole kickstarter-esque trend. Do u know the history of how he funded his movies?..

-

How did Spike fund his movies in the beginning? I'm sure he probably used some credit cards to direct She's Gotta Have It.