Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Robin Williams Dies of Suspected Suicide

Veteran Member

I couldn't help but think to myself when I heard of his suicide, "The guy lived like a fool (some of the roles he played in movies) and died like one."

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Default R.i.p.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Depression doesn't recognise money. It doesn't recognise status. It doesn't recognise popularity. It doesn't recognise your children. Rich and famous, poor or struggling it doesn't matter it will strike anybody without discrimination. A lot of people think that because somebody is rich they can't get depression. We all humans with emotions and a lot of us can't deal with certain emotions.

I was a big fan of Robin Williams. A lot of his movies had great messages in them and weren't just about the comedy and a lot of them show the value of family. Mrs Doubtfire is particularly strong in this respect.

RIP
    +rep

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    I couldn't help but think to myself when I heard of his suicide, "The guy lived like a fool (some of the roles he played in movies) and died like one."
    That's messed up! The man just died.

PRODIGAL SUN

It sucks that he apparently had Parkinson's. That, factored with his alcoholism and depression must of been too much.
    Last edited by madchild; 08-14-2014 at 10:57 PM.

^^I was unaware of him having Parkinson's. It gives me a better understanding of why he did what he did. Thanks for providing this info, madchild.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I see you're perspective, thats fair enough. At the same time, I'm Bipolar and I don't feel that way at all. I think sometimes theres no way to block out the bad thoughts, it can be relentless and I feel for anybody that goes through it bad enough to just need to escape.
    I fully respect how you feel about those thoughts. They are there, we can only try and deal with them, even if they keep on popping up. It takes up a lot of energy which we sometimes want to spend on other areas in life.
    Retired.

The Thrill of It All spammy sosa's Avatar

he was one of my favorite stand-up comedians

r.i.p.

{>____<}

The man had a wife and children. I understand why he did it but it was a little selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    The man had a wife and children. I understand why he did it but it was a little selfish.
    Maybe its selfish to want him to hang around being miserable and pretending to be happy for them.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

I never liked his comedy but his serious roles were good.

Apparently westboro church are gonna picket the funeral, someone should pull a waco on those cunts
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?