Thread: Why DJ Krush is one of my top 5 Producers

Default Why DJ Krush is one of my top 5 Producers

Both within hip hop and trip hop, dude has crazy, dark, deep to jazzy diverse production, can see the influences of RZA,Premier and vice verse on him.

Dude's drum game rivals and often imo excels that of RZA/Premier. In one of his trip hop tracks he uses the Incarcerated Scarfaces drum loop to good effect.

He's primarily trip hop but has clocked alot of rap collabs too, and his discography is large.

Prefer this to the original

Black Thoughts first appearance according to discogs, way back in 1995. and one of his best, BT needs to be on dark production like this too for his upcoming LP/EP, one of my favourite hip hop songs.

Great vid, the real raw shit.

peace

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

disagree. krush is nice on the boards tho

^To each their own, peace

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH DJ Deoseyus's Avatar

Haven't heard much production from Krush other than the tracks with Black Thought & Malik B (Meiso) and (Zen). His style is awesome however. I'll look out for him.

Krush is nice..

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Deoseyus View Post
    Haven't heard much production from Krush other than the tracks with Black Thought & Malik B (Meiso) and (Zen). His style is awesome however. I'll look out for him.
    Check out Stepping Stones (The Self-Remixed Best)

do add another one man..this one right here is the shittt....Cl smooth feat Dj Krush - survival of the fittest

And I'ma remain in the scene and reign supreme and go to many extremes by any means

DJ Krush is the shit, i love his work.. i heard some shit from him a long time ago that i dug but then he kinda faded to the back of my mind for years until Undiluted Karma (i think it was you?) got me checking his shit once again and dig deep into his catalouge. i wouldn't say top 5 but he's got a unique sound that's really, really good. in fact i'm thinking about putting together a compilation of DJ Krush's output with US rappers such as the ones you posted, "Hardware" and "Zen Approach" by Black Thought, his remix of Pete and CL's "Back On Da Block" and of course his remix of Miles Davis "Black Satin"and more. would there be any interest in that project?

good thread btw, Krush is criminally underrated.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    DJ Krush is the shit, i love his work.. i heard some shit from him a long time ago that i dug but then he kinda faded to the back of my mind for years until Undiluted Karma (i think it was you?) got me checking his shit once again and dig deep into his catalouge. i wouldn't say top 5 but he's got a unique sound that's really, really good. in fact i'm thinking about putting together a compilation of DJ Krush's output with US rappers such as the ones you posted, "Hardware" and "Zen Approach" by Black Thought, his remix of Pete and CL's "Back On Da Block" and of course his remix of Miles Davis "Black Satin"and more. would there be any interest in that project?

good thread btw, Krush is criminally underrated.

Yeah that was me lol,

good looks on that comp if you do it, i was tihnking of doing one just like that but i cant be assed lol, it would be a heavy compilation.

DJ Krush is one of my favorite producers. I first discovered his music in 2006, through the track "Dig This Vibe", yet he somehow faded to the back of my mind until this past year. I've only just begun my journey through his music, but his dark, jazzy soundscapes are the kind of vibes that really resonate with me. I'm halfway through the "Jaku" album I copped on wax the other day, and it's been a hypnotic experience.

Last edited by Dark Matter; 03-21-2015 at 08:16 AM.