Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: I hope a better tomorrow isn't the last group album

-

What is OUATIS?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

french dude, are you at a cafe puffing on a cigarette and drinking a latte while posting on wtc?

What is OUATIS?
    exactly.

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

What is OUATIS?
    Once Upon A Time In Shaolin

It's an album, Cilvaringz made, that supposedly sounds like a 90's era, Wu tang Clan album.

Travels 88 yrs into the future, to see a CharlesJones posts saying " I didn't like the beats"

Ahahahahahhaha

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Veteran Member

Ahahahahah "2103, what is OUATIS, charles jones didn't like the beats."

This album is comedy.

Veteran Member

Ahahahahah "2103, what is OUATIS, charles jones didn't like the beats."

This album is comedy.

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    french dude, are you at a cafe puffing on a cigarette and drinking a latte while posting on wtc?
    Yes!
    Comme les anges à l'œil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.

to me the production is a stronger point than the vocal performances on "A Better Tomorrow", yet the beats is not what we want to hear on a Wu-Tang Clan album and some of it is especially tame... i think there's been a lot of great fusions of live based and traditional hip-hop music in the last five years or so, and RZA described it very well when he said that many of the instrumentalists today have grown up on hip-hop and knows how to stay in that pocket and play like the way a sampled record sounds. this was done to great effect on "Chamber Music"... therefore i find it interesting that much of the music on "ABT" is the complete opposite of this, and does not sound like sample based records played with live instruments. instead, if you take away the vocals and just focus on the instrumentals and arrangements the music here is as close to the original '70s soul and funk and jazz-fusion music that inspired the early Wu-Tang Clan and RZA productions... and not in the way that music was rearranged and sampled, but the actual music in itself. it has a very retro feel that way and lacks that agressive punch that made the classic Wu music so special. again, i return to that word "tame" when thinking about this music.

still i don't think this album is at all the disaster it has been painted as by many critics and bloggers.. stripped away of any expectations of what a Wu-Tang Clan album should sound like i don't think this is bad music at all, and very much listenable - and there are definitely bangers to be found here, like "Necklace", "Pioneer The Frontier" and "Ron O'Neal" (the mix that finally ended up on the album)... however it would definitely be a sour note to close the Clan discography on, just like "Iron Flag" would have - the album that to me most resembles "ABT"... both are quite bland imo

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!