Thread: How would you rate raps "Hit making ability" when compared to other genres ?

Default How would you rate raps "Hit making ability" when compared to other genres ?

Rap produces alot of ill material but is it's success rate, better than other genres ?

I say yes !

Rap >>>>>>>>>

Edit: I know it's all subjective but I just wanted to hear people's opinions.

Peace

there's still good stuff being released and I admit I'm not up to date with a lot of artists but rap's had such big exposure since the late nineties that somewhere down the line the bar was set lower for mainstream releases in terms of quality

yeah I sound like an old fuck now

so to answer your question and stop rambling : rap's hit making ability has risen tremendously over the last 15 years and is outdoing a lot of pop records globally
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by jäcobjäy View Post
    so to answer your question and stop rambling : rap's hit making ability has risen tremendously over the last 15 years and is outdoing a lot of pop records globally
    What makes rap even more impressive is that it's only really Americans, who are doing it. I mean, nobody "really" even bothers with raps, from any other country. Where as a lot of the other genres, have more global participation.

Banned

No fucking way is the success rate better than any other genre lol Pink Floyd for example have a greater number of great albums than Nas, Jay-Z and Biggie combined lol
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Pink Floyd for example have a greater number of great albums than Nas, Jay-Z and Biggie combined lol

Rzarektah (Alone) >>>>>>>>>>>> Pink Floyd

Aahahahahahah

I like rap music more than other genres. Pink Floyd are great too.

Thats about the best I can do with the dumb question.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Thats about the best I can do with the dumb question.
    How is the question stupid ?

Its very difficult to speak objectively about one genre, let alone all of them.

I like Hip Hop more so it doesn't really matter to me if Josh Hommes latest LP was fantastic or not.

Is classical music great? Or is it that the greatest pieces of classical music are remembered and the shitty ones forgotten?

Quote Originally Posted by jäcobjäy View Post
    rap's hit making ability has risen tremendously over the last 15 years and is outdoing a lot of pop records globally
    5th......since you said last 15 yrs lol. I just want to be clear, I am not just talking about commercial/billboard rap, when I say hit. It mean all rap, from Raw - whatever....nah mean ?

PRODIGAL SUN