Thread: Chaka Khan postpones tour to enter rehab for addiction to painkillers

Default Chaka Khan postpones tour to enter rehab for addiction to painkillers

Singer says she is fighting addiction to the same drugs that led to the death of Prince earlier this year

Singer Chaka Khan and her sister have entered a drug rehabilitation program to battle their addictions to prescription drugs.

The 63-year-old Grammy Award-winner said in a statement that she had been battling addiction and the death of her good friend Prince helped her decide to seek help.

Khan says she has become addicted to the same medication that led to Prince’s death.

Prince was found dead at his Minnesota home on 21 April. An autopsy found he died of an overdose of fentanyl, a powerful opioid painkiller.

“Unfortunately, I will miss concert appearances over the summer,” Khan said in a statement.

“However, it’s vital that I put my health and well-being first. I know that I am disappointing some of my fans, but I also know they would want me to recover and be well and healthy.”

A spokesman for Khan added that she will be able to resume recording in mid-July and will be back on tour on 1 Aug.

Khan has entered an intensive rehabilitation and aftercare program with sister, Yvonne Stevens, also known as Taka Boom.

Khan said the pair “agreed we would take this journey together and support each other through the recovery.”

“The tragic death of Prince has had us both rethinking and reevaluating our lives and priorities. We knew it was time to take action to save our lives. My sister and I would like to thank everyone for their support, love and prayers.”

Khan covered Prince’s song I Feel For You, which became one of her biggest hits. The two were longtime friends.
    Retired.

Charles Jones in 5....

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. TSA, I don't post on here that much anymore because this website has wack topics about music artists and movies LOL. So I be on Youtube often. That's sad to hear about Chaka Khan and I didn't know that. I'm glad she's getting help and I didn't know her sister was addicted to prescription drugs. I wonder what health issue Chaka has that would make her take painkillers. I love Rufus and Chaka Khan and my dad has their albums Rufusized, Rufus featuring Chaka Khan(this has the hit song Sweet Thing), Ask Rufus, Street Player and Masterjam. Chaka used to date Tony Maiden who played bass guitar in the group and he sings lead on some songs. Lee Towers, did you know Chaka did a song called Can't Stop The Street on Krush Groove soundtrack? She did a video and the Fat Boys were in it. I didn't know she did a video until I saw it on Youtube and I got Krush Groove soundtrack. Damon Wimbley of The Fat Boys sent me a Facebook message recently and he's lost a lot of weight.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

Lee Towers, check out Chaka Khan's Soul Talkin, Eternity and Make It Last songs. Prince produced Eternity. Also check out Rufus and Chaka Khan's Do You Love What You Feel video and their Soul Train performance of Tell Me Something Good on Youtube. Chaka was hot when she was young. Rapper Coolio sampled Rufus and Chaka's Everlasting Love on Can O Corn song on It Takes A Thief album. I got It Takes A Thief and I was listening to Fantastic Voyage song yesterday. I got Lakeside's Fantastic Voyage album that he sampled. I didn't know Coolio is 53 years old and i didn't think he was that old.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

no I didn't know that

I'll just post the video you mentioned

Retired.

-

LOL@her red hair in the video. That's a nice jam and I like the Fat Boys Big And Beautiful album that I got. That's their best album and I love the songs Sex Machine, Go For It and In The House. Have you heard that album Lee Towers? They got 3 cute women in the album pictures.

yes I only heard that album for the first time last year when I was exploring some old school acts I wasn't too familiar with
    Retired.

-

Have you heard any Rufus and Chaka Khan albums?