Thread: Black Knights - 'ExCALIbur' (3rd John Frusciante produced album) QUESTION

Question Black Knights - 'ExCALIbur' (3rd John Frusciante produced album) QUESTION

okay this is not the most relevant question in the world but I would still be very interested in any feedback any of you have ...

SHORT VERSION

anybody know why the new album dropped on Blackball'd (Black Knights' own label) instead of on Record Collection (Frusciante's own label), and without any promo? you really gotta look hard to find out about the album, and then to track down a copy

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE TIME TO KILL LOL

so I love the Black Knighs x Frusciante collabos. 'ExCALIbur', the 3rd and final album that was cut from all of the studio sessions that Black Knights did with John Frusciante a few years ago, dropped on March 10

does anyone have any insight into why 'Excalibur' didn't get the same type of release as 'Medieval Chamber' and 'Almighty'? Those were both released on John Frusciante's own label 'Record Collection'. They could readily be found on online purchase venues like Amazon etc. there was also a bit of promo surrounding each release. you know, LIKE AN ACTUAL ALBUM lol

now when it comes to 'Excalibur' things seems quite different. the album just dropped without any promo whatsoever. at first you could DL it for free on the Black Knights' bandcamp page

then it turned into a paying DL on the same page https://blackknights2.bandcamp.com/releases

Frusciante put the whole album on his official YouTube channel lllMooglll

now I collect CDs and it took me a while to locate a place where I could cop the physical (it's not on any big sites like Amazon). finally found it on the Black Knights' official label site Blackball'd Entertainment

http://blackballedentertainment.com/store

I wouldn't be surprised if they sent me a (highly overpriced haha) CDr, which I'm fine with in the end, I just need a physical version for the collection

but why the low key release????

REVIEW

just finished my first listen (cuz of the lack of promo I thought this hadn't dropped yet) today. I would rank the releases this way

1. Almighty
    2. Medieval Chamber / ExCALIbur

I like the opening track best. there's definitely no drop in quality with this last release. it doesn't sound like they scrapped the bottom of the barrel from those recording sessions just to release this last album. if they had, I would kinda understand why Frusciante didn't put it out on his own label. but this is as good as the previous stuff

TRACKLIST

1. Royal Bloodline
    2. Head Above Water (ft. AD)
    3. Pocket Full Of Hollow (ft. Tekitha)
    4. Sir Lancealot's love
    5. Medieval Chronicles
    6. Mind Elevation
    7. Saturday's Children
    8. Prince Valiant & The Scarlet
    9. Scroll of Excalibur

'Venus Scroll', a (Japan) bonus track from the 'Almighty' album is on 'ExCALIbur' as 'Scroll of Excalibur'
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-17-2017 at 03:00 AM.
    Retired.

btw, for those who missed this last year, instrumentals to the 'Almighty' album

some great beats on there imo
    Retired.