Daddy Putin told them not to fight & his puppets have to oblige.

Azeri's are quite pissed as they were clearly winning. It's basically 20th century equipment vs 21st. Though both armies suck in terms of training and doctrine. Azeri's would have gotten back Karabagh but the status-quo suits Russia more. They let the Azeri's attack in order to punish Armenia and Pashinyan. Reason being as they see Pashinyan as to pro-American. He came to power after protests forced the pro-Moscow leader to resign. The ex presdient was imprisoned later on corruption charges. Thing is when Putin visited Armenia last he also visited the imprisoned President's wife. Which pretty much suggests the Moscow isn't happy their boy got ousted by Pashinyan. So this is basically 'the Americans and Europeans won't protect you, without me your fucked' message to Armenia. I think they got the message.

Problem now is the Azeri's are pissed. There's huge pressure on Aliyev to take back Karabagh so I don't think the ceasefire will hold. How much influence does Moscow hold in Baku is questionable when it's not only Turkey but Israel to now actively in full support of Azerbaijan.