Thread: how come wu tang is considered "legends"

Default how come wu tang is considered "legends"

they had 1 hit 30 years ago

I know you're a troll but I'll respond anyway.
    Wu-Tang has changed the way people look at hip-hop and changed the sound of hip-hop forever. Moreover, their approach towards the industry paved the way for hundreds of artists that came after them.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Its not a bad question but this is the wrong forum.

Wu Tang changed the business model for hip-hop. They launched as a group specifically to get solo deals, but not on the same lable as the group deal. That was radical because it kept one label from dictating the group. And they also had their own separate label for the little Killa Bee artists. This inspired No Limit, Bone Thugz, Three 6 Mafia, Dipset and other important groups to move the same way. Big groups with lots of side acts and merchandising.

Thats the biggest influence Wu Tang ahad but its also the music and their exotic Asian gimmick, which was very mainstream in the late 90s with shit like Rush Hour and the sound of other producers. They also made kung fu pretty cool again.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space

Also, the solo members had hits. Meth and especially ODB.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space