Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Ghost album on Mass Appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Some of the beats I sent over the years:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/e2f...+For+Ghostface
    Those are some pretty good beats, some even great. Nimrod has Ghost written all over it, and the fact that he rejected it shows how out of touch he is.

At this point, I think sending beats to the Wu is pointless, even the lesser members like Shyheim, because they're just not listening and they don't know what's good for them.

You should just get as many verses from them as you can, then craft your own album. Don't even consult them. Just take the verses and flip them however you want with skits, movie samples, etc. The Wu doesn't know what's good for them anymore

Am I the only who kinda enjoyed this album? It wasn't great but it's definitly solid unless you want Ghost to record Ironman 2

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Some of the beats are great Cilva but I suppose a lot of samples used in them are impossible to clear. Plus a lot of those samples have been used tens of times

Edit: // Ok, the fact Ghost rejected Nimrod is so ridiculous .... that beat is a masterpiece!

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

nada ignorante

This album is so bad it makes Wizard of Poetry a hood classic LOL
    N.I.

Golden Child Shaolin Bloody Sword's Avatar

I will never listen this album again. I'm busy bumping some real shit by Asun Eastwood. Buffalo NY is doing it right now...

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    Those are some pretty good beats, some even great. Nimrod has Ghost written all over it, and the fact that he rejected it shows how out of touch he is.

At this point, I think sending beats to the Wu is pointless, even the lesser members like Shyheim, because they're just not listening and they don't know what's good for them.

You should just get as many verses from them as you can, then craft your own album. Don't even consult them. Just take the verses and flip them however you want with skits, movie samples, etc. The Wu doesn't know what's good for them anymore
    Some would argue that's exactly what OUATIS is.

Peace CT

What’s wild is YouTube and IG comments are all calling it a classic and dropping fire emojis. Album is so bad I turned it off mid song cuz I didn’t want the people around me to hear this crap coming thru my head phones. Peace

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    Some of the beats are great Cilva but I suppose a lot of samples used in them are impossible to clear. Plus a lot of those samples have been used tens of times

Edit: // Ok, the fact Ghost rejected Nimrod is so ridiculous .... that beat is a masterpiece!
    Does it matter at this point? The clan is finished. They will go down as one of, if not the greatest hip-hop group of all time but it’s over. A lot of y’all on this forum are still under a hallucination. “Let’s get the Wu-Elements and the Clan in a room and we can get one more album done!” LMAO. It’s over. The only person who still has it is Meth, but who knows how serious he is about putting out a real project at this point. As he stated numerous times, he doesn’t have to rap or do shows anymore at this point. His money is straight. Ghost doesn’t have it anymore, rhymes aren’t there. U-God it’s over. Masta Killa was done after the “Selling My Soul” project. Raekwon doesn’t have the same energy now so all his bars sound dry. Deck rhymes are getting more basic by the year. Gza it’s over. Rza just stick to making beats, last good verse from him was “Fresh from the Morgue”. Even the Wu-Elements fell off. I made a topic about that last year and people started naming projects no ones bothered to listen too lol. It’s a wrap, let these brothers ride off into the sunset. Their legacy is etched in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    What’s wild is YouTube and IG comments are all calling it a classic and dropping fire emojis. Album is so bad I turned it off mid song cuz I didn’t want the people around me to hear this crap coming thru my head phones. Peace
    They could be getting paid to do that. I'll put the songs with Meth and Nas on my playlist and that's about it. This is a throwaway compilation.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Does it matter at this point? The clan is finished. They will go down as one of, if not the greatest hip-hop group of all time but it’s over. A lot of y’all on this forum are still under a hallucination. “Let’s get the Wu-Elements and the Clan in a room and we can get one more album done!” LMAO. It’s over. The only person who still has it is Meth, but who knows how serious he is about putting out a real project at this point. As he stated numerous times, he doesn’t have to rap or do shows anymore at this point. His money is straight. Ghost doesn’t have it anymore, rhymes aren’t there. U-God it’s over. Masta Killa was done after the “Selling My Soul” project. Raekwon doesn’t have the same energy now so all his bars sound dry. Deck rhymes are getting more basic by the year. Gza it’s over. Rza just stick to making beats, last good verse from him was “Fresh from the Morgue”. Even the Wu-Elements fell off. I made a topic about that last year and people started naming projects no ones bothered to listen too lol. It’s a wrap, let these brothers ride off into the sunset. Their legacy is etched in stone.

They could be getting paid to do that. I'll put the songs with Meth and Nas on my playlist and that's about it. This is a throwaway compilation.

If I may respectfully disagree. I think it's still possible with the right beats and the old rhyme books. I wouldn't take rhymes written nowadays, but if they'd be open to spitting old unreleased rhymes from the 90s and the beats were right, I think you'd have that one final shot at the glory we fell in love with in the 90s. Because the one thing I noticed is that, with a bit of pushing and pulling, I was able to drag out some of that energy on OUATIS because of the beats. Hope yall get to hear something from that soon. But it's possible.

Peace CT

Yeah Meth is only one I trust still. Deck at least has some energy with Czarface but even that’s starting to get a little redundant. Peace

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

If I may respectfully disagree. I think it's still possible with the right beats and the old rhyme books. I wouldn't take rhymes written nowadays, but if they'd be open to spitting old unreleased rhymes from the 90s and the beats were right, I think you'd have that one final shot at the glory we fell in love with in the 90s. Because the one thing I noticed is that, with a bit of pushing and pulling, I was able to drag out some of that energy on OUATIS because of the beats. Hope yall get to hear something from that soon. But it's possible.
    But that's the thing, you can spit the 90's rhymes but you can't emulate those times anymore. The same hunger and passion trying to prove that you're the top dog energy will not be there. It's time to let them ride off in the sunset.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Some would argue that's exactly what OUATIS is.
    People can complain about that all they want, but that's the only way to get a good album out of them. I don't understand why the Wu are so reluctant to work with you when they're sending verses to nobodies that amount to nothing. It's clear they don't share your vision, that's why you gotta hoodwink them and craft your own album Yakub style. I can't believe I just made a Nation of Islam reference, but there you go. People can call it "copy and paste" all they want, but that's the best way to go about it, I'm convinced.

I don't know what you're currently working on, or if you're still making beats, but if you have the passion to make another album like Shaolin, I think you know what you have to do. And don't limit yourself to just the Wu. Plenty of underground MCs can spit on those beats

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    But that's the thing, you can spit the 90's rhymes but you can't emulate those times anymore. The same hunger and passion trying to prove that you're the top dog energy will not be there. It's time to let them ride off in the sunset.
    I have to agree with this. And OUATIS was recorded ages ago when their lives and ages were vastly different from now. Almost two decades ago they had to be dragged just to create a fraction of their capabilities...

At this point I think the only half-hope (outside of unreleased tracks) is if a Wu member has a personal deep drive to make their own concept album. Similar to what Killah Priest has been doing - even if it isn't your thing at least it sounds like his heart is in it and he's not talking about street life at 53-60 years old. I genuinely don't even want to hear Wu record 90's rhymes.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    This album is so bad it makes Wizard of Poetry a hood classic LOL
    Wizard of poetry is like a 7/10 at its absolute worst. Ghosts most underrated album

and this isnt to you hot nikks but in general

ima keep ot honesti dont think yall understand ghostface at all really. Ghost always on that bad boy commercial hip hop time. He never making an album with westside gunn. Idk why some of yall wont get that through ya heads

at most we getting one more great album from wach of them. Cuban 3 supreme 2 type shit. Everything else is for monetary reasons. Idk why people expecting 60 yr olds to be up on whats hot or not in first place but some of you do. Im happy with the 1-3 good joints i get every project. I dont expect more or less. With that said, i wnjoy these more than i did the last 3 records. I expect supreme 2 to be more. The al track he played at the versuz what we all looking for but it aint gon be an album of them. Its gon be an assortment like it always is. This was a label album, anr’d and all that. It can go good or bad depending on the situation. I think this is solid. Its not suprwme 2 level but he told us that this was to setup for supreme to bring in a more casual audience so it sells actual records. It reminds me of raes boood on chef apron mixtape before cuban 2.

i dont like any ghost album after 12 reasons. Everything after wizard has been half assed but nothings gonna fix that. Everyone has their time. Some longer than others. Wus was way longer than most. But expecting 5 mic albums in 2024 from 55 year olds is a little childish. And i think some of you just cant adapt. Well if you dont get it by now, dont thini you will.
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 05-14-2024 at 12:27 PM.

I'm enjoying this album for what it is, even the R&B joints and the autotune, but expect much more from Supreme Clientele Part II. If it's on par with Fishscale, I'll be a happy camper.