Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back when Wu Tang Clan were methheads

Shaolin Student

Default Back when Wu Tang Clan were methheads

I listened to 36 Chambers a while back for the first time in like 10 years. I never realized growing up that they mention smoking meth like 5 or 6 times and its not just Method Man. Its easily the drug they talk about the most. I've tried meth and its awful but addictive and has short-term benefits. It makes you focus and feel positive but also aggressive and easy to bond.

Its not surprising to me that 36 Chambers is so unique and hard to recapture knowing they were probably smoking meth a LOT. It would explain RZA's prolific & detailed beat-making. Method Man's prolific rhymes on M.E.T.H.O.D..... And also why these 9 guys got along like brothers after being thrown together.

The drugs were a big part of their albums, especially the PCP period that was probably their last really prolific time. I do not want these old guys to start getting high again for the same of music. But maybe RZA should at least try Adderall lol.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space

Method wasn’t the Meth your thinking bruh.

PRODIGAL SUN

Lol. Bro how you call yaself a wu fan and not know they talking about dust/weed and nicknamed that meth-tical. Lmao

​they arejt talking about methamphetamine lmao

Quote Originally Posted by JZA/Jordon View Post
    Wasn't it also different Methods of rolling his joints, and Method Of Modern Love

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Lol. Bro how you call yaself a wu fan and not know they talking about dust/weed and nicknamed that meth-tical. Lmao

But it’s one way to admit you were a Meth user on an Internet forum. Lmao!

Shaolin Student

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post

I haven't listened to that album since I was like 25, man. Not the one I play most even tho it was the 1st I heard. Thats really the only album they talk about meth significantly.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Shaolin Student

But it’s one way to admit you were a Meth user on an Internet forum. Lmao!
    Like I care. Its a Wu Tang forum and I don't know you people. I don't live on this shit like some of you guys. I've tried plenty of drugs, thanks to Wu Tang. Them rapping about meth is probably why I tried it when others used it at parties.

Shaolin Student

"My peoples, are you with me? Where you at?
    Smokin' meth, hittin' cats on the block with the gat"

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Seed View Post
    I've tried plenty of drugs, thanks to Wu Tang. Them rapping about meth is probably why I tried it when others used it at parties.
    Just ask a mod to delete this thread, you've embarrassing yourself.

As mentioned above, Meth isn't the Breaking Bad shit you're talking about.

Shaolin Student

Just ask a mod to delete this thread, you've embarrassing yourself.

As mentioned above, Meth isn't the Breaking Bad shit you're talking about.
    You're revealing your own hurt ego haha. Dumbass, Popa Wu talked about Method Man being an addict before they made it. What do you think he was using? These broke, grimy dudes were smoking crack ("I would speed for cracks & weed/ The combination made my eyes bleed") and your nerd ass think they wouldn't smoke meth. President JFK was on meth. You're a square.

But anyway, the meth use makes a lot of sense to me because its basically coke for broke people and the first album they made when they had money was the most coked out album ever, OB4CL.

Of course they were probably dipping into some crack.. they were surrounded by it, selling it. Etc.

Nobody here is saying these dudes were straight edge guys growing up. We all know RZA would get dusted, Rae and Ghost hitting coke. Etc.

But they weren’t meth heads, as you’ve used to justify your own use. Then blaming Wu for getting you into it, the fuck outta here.

Weirdo

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

You're revealing your own hurt ego haha. Dumbass, Popa Wu talked about Method Man being an addict before they made it. What do you think he was using? These broke, grimy dudes were smoking crack ("I would speed for cracks & weed/ The combination made my eyes bleed") and your nerd ass think they wouldn't smoke meth. President JFK was on meth. You're a square.

But anyway, the meth use makes a lot of sense to me because its basically coke for broke people and the first album they made when they had money was the most coked out album ever, OB4CL.
    Just take the L already. They were smoking dust. This is a known fact.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Isn't amphetamine, as in speed, often drug of choice for people with less money. It is sort of the same upper as coke, but without the ego boost. But there is also a section of people that just like to do speed more than doing coke. As an amphetamine it should be totally different from something psychoactive like PCP. To go tripping like that, you need to have a very severe habit. Even a habit with coke could make you completely space out.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

For real, Scott Storch ran through his entire fortune due to his cocaine addiction.