Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: what do yall think ?? is there any clan member that could stand next to nas ??

Quote Originally Posted by Wongo921
    I'm not gonna comment on who is better, because shit needs to stand on its own, not be compared to other shit. But why is this dude posting this thread? He isn't tryin to gain any knowledge, he seems to have made his mind that Nas is better, and isn't open to anyone else's arguments. Why are you starting a thread if your mind is set dude?
    yeah these types of threads are pretty useless except to just get people riled up which is what pussy wants anyway. i'd see if he just wanted to see who people liked more but to sit here and argue about musical preferences is pretty moronic.

and with that i wash my hands of this thread.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Quote Originally Posted by pussy-with-teeth
    and ??? gza been in the game longer than nas....that shit is even more wack when he has 3 less albums..but ok hes a group mc so its not really fair to compare them cause yeah gza been puttin in some work in wu albums
    GZA is much older than Nas. He's got a family to take care of. Do you expect him to spend everyday in the studio working on albums. When you have kids you need to spend a lot of time with them, to give them culture and pass your knowledge. Also GZA never had big commercial support for his albums. Nas already had a huge fanbase after Illmatic, this album was so well acclaimed worldwide, so he was on high demand by the public. GZA never was on high demand, maybe a little after Liquid Swords. GZA's remaining fanbase is almost only in Wu-Tang Clan's fans. What do you expect a label to do. Putting all their efforts and money with him or with another one that might be more lucrative. When rappers drop a classic (Liquid Swords, Illmatic) people expect the next album to be a classic too. Beneath The Surface was good but as it couldn't be compared to Liquid Swords, people didn't buy it. Album after album the sales decreased. So that's why he doesn't have much support. Nas almost has all his original fanbase, and that I can't explain why.

And yes he's a group Mc. With all Wu-Tang albums included he's got a total of 9 albums. I think, that's my opinion, I have no personal experience, that a group album is a lot of work too. Not as much as a solo joint but still quite a lot of work.

gza aint really that nice all his career through...yall whylen...if yall call gods son and iam weak - then so is every gza album, ls aside
    I didn't call God's Son neither I AM weak. I never said Nas was weak. I totally agree that Nas is one of the best MCs. But the way you're talking about Nas is as if you're comparing him to God... he's not. Even if you think he's the best doesn't mean everyone thinks the same as you. You've gotta admit a lot of rappers have the skills to stand next to Nas, they just don't use it the good way.

gza aint put a hot album out since 95, thats my word
    What the hell are you talking about??? Every GZA album after Liquid Swords was great man. I never skip a track on all his albums, except the skits. Man you don't know what you're talking about.

In my opinion GZA's got one of the greatest flow, a nice voice and unique lyrical skills. Nas also got these and they are two great MCs, no one can contradict this.

Finally I prefer a rapper always delivering good albums (consitant), even if that means less albums than a rapper delivering one classic album than the next medium, than wack, than medium, than good, than classic...

When an MC is consistant you're always looking forward to hearing new stuff from him. Yes sometimes it makes me mad cause you have to wait a long time before hearing it, but when I do I'm never disappointed. I'm actually not looking forward hearing new stuff from Nas (after Street's Disciple) nor Ghostface Killah (after Pretty Toney) nor Method Man (after Tical 0).

GZA = consistant
    Nas = medium-consistant
    Cypress Hill = consistant
    Method Man = non-consitant
    Onyx = non-consitant
    Wu-Tang Clan = non-consistant
    Ghostface Killah = I'll have to wait hearing Fishscale

PEACE
    "That little baby you have in your arms is going to die of heart failure before you do, if you keep feeding her/him trash."
    "If we treated America the way it has treated our people, we would be called terrorists, rapists, thieves, murderers."

- Immortal Technique -

R.I.P. ODB
    R.I.P. Poetic

Quote Originally Posted by Wongo921
    I'm not gonna comment on who is better, because shit needs to stand on its own, not be compared to other shit. But why is this dude posting this thread? He isn't tryin to gain any knowledge, he seems to have made his mind that Nas is better, and isn't open to anyone else's arguments. Why are you starting a thread if your mind is set dude?
    Right, don't blame pussy-with-teeth he's like that.
    "That little baby you have in your arms is going to die of heart failure before you do, if you keep feeding her/him trash."
    "If we treated America the way it has treated our people, we would be called terrorists, rapists, thieves, murderers."

- Immortal Technique -

R.I.P. ODB
    R.I.P. Poetic

ok thats enough trying to expose wu stans and trying to be rebellious.

let wu stans be fucking wu stans, live with it.