Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What I dont understand is this.

^^i agree it was mainly western europe, all the crusades were launched by western european armies.

run, away - slave!

that was when the church still had power. yes, there was a division between the east and west countries. look at istanbul formerly constainople. that's why the eastern are orthodox christians and west catholic and protestant. with the church in rome and it being the basis of power over kings. it used those kings as pawns to further its reign for it needed new converts per se. religion and guns and women - the three vices used to drive a wedge in a society to create the war strife and pestilence.

western catholics are the main cause of the crusades, when jerusalem was taken in the first crusade not only muslims were killed but also orthodox christians, this rises the question if there were no muslims would the crusades have happened?? the pope would have said they are bad christians lets go kill them, i think this is the main propoganda behind wars created by the west. they used the idea of they are a threat or they bad people lets attack them. the africans never actually threatened the west with war did they? if was pure greed for land and becuase that north africa was becoming under the heavy influence of the rising muslims the west acted and started to populate africa themselves. western europe were more agressive in the middle ages, then other races.

run, away - slave!

no the afrikans never ventured to europe. with the exception of hannibal and the elephants from spain to the alps. he was a moor from the north east of afrika. but as a whole no they were invaded they never went out to conquer foreign lands.

hannibal of carthage invaded europe well before the coming of christiananity. he only posed the threat towards the romans; i dont think the europeans would have said in the 1400's lets invade afrika because hannibal invade 2000 years ago. they saw the afrikans being weak, they couldnt move east because the muslims were a growing powerful empire, moving to eastern europe the mongols would have cut you up, and invading the mongols would have provoked them to attack western europe. i think they invaded africa without a choice because they were weak. if africa was strong and had powerful empires i dont think western europeans would have expanded that far and they wouldnt become the powerful nations they are today.

run, away - slave!

that's part of it. in afrika they had smaller kingdoms with less advanced weaponry to defend themselves. they were not into battlements but farming gathering and such. they did not have the luxury of castles fortified. they were more in tune with spiritual dissertations than a military industrial complex.

and the west took advantage, before the muslims could have lets remember at the time the europeans invaded the muslims were dealing with the mongols. the west took advantage of this and decided that their kingdoms needed more lands and soldiers.

well im not sure but there might have been smaller retaliations from north african kingdoms into spain and france and i think there still is a smaller city in south eastern part of spain which has a majority of inhabitants from africa so they probably did hold a fort in europe but all in all the turkish invasions were the most efficient and thats why the balkan people are pretty mixed and that goes all the way up to poland

i think i'm high

ignorance and racism have taken over this site, hope this kid is just clowning everyone and tryin to start shit

Realness

^^^Yous must be some honky. Racism is the way of the world. Peep game son.

Quote Originally Posted by MoT
    well im not sure but there might have been smaller retaliations from north african kingdoms into spain and france and i think there still is a smaller city in south eastern part of spain which has a majority of inhabitants from africa so they probably did hold a fort in europe but all in all the turkish invasions were the most efficient and thats why the balkan people are pretty mixed and that goes all the way up to poland
    the turks were tempted into europe because of the crusades and the number of times the greeks provoked them. Constantinople was taken because the turks had told the greeks we wouldnt invade if you destroy all the walls of your cities. The greeks go and build more defences, this is what caused a turkish invasion of europe, and the sultan who conquered saw himself as a roman emperor so he wanted to unite constantinople and rome. A reason why the turks invaded europe was to take rome, they nearly did but the sultan died and they army returned home